View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 05:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: Blake
Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
Blake's mouth nearly dropped to the floor. "Did that sound just come out of her?" He added, that was probably the loudest belch he had ever heard and to come out of a baby ... an not even a real baby at that. Jeepers.

But then even the massive burp didn't seem to help her, she was still fussy. And then, Isla seemed to have figured it out and Blake sighed with relief, he had changed one of those diapers in the the middle of the night and it sucked, so he was glad to see Isla willing to do it today.

Digging in their bag that seemed to go with them every where now, he pulled up the required items. "Thanks for doing this." He added sitting down next to his 'family.' He'd be there to help if needed, but was super glad this one was on Isla. "Want to take her for a walk around the lake later?" That seemed like a family thing to do right?? Was the required? Family time? Or just making sure the 'baby' stayed alive?

Isla made a face and nodded. "It did. You'd think we had just fed her a steak and baked potatoes or something," she said. She took the items from Blake and set to work changing the diaper. "Blake?" she asked, and suddenly her voice was softer and weaker. She looked down at Ellie and sighed. The doll wasn't programmed to hear and understand, was it?

"I...I'm hating this assignment," she finally said. She hesitated as she finished wiping up their baby and secured the diaper on. She only knew how to do that part so well, since she was an older sister and had been a mom to many baby dolls in her younger years. "I mean, I guess I don't hate it. That's a really strong word. I'm just ready to turn her in and be done with it."

She gave him an apologetic look. "It's not you. Trust me. Working with somebody has made this much better. I think it's just that I'm a kid myself, and all I want to do is have fun and sleep in. Those sorts of things," she explained. "If this assignment was designed to make us want to wait a super long time to have our own kids, then it worked on me." She didn't want to have kids until she was in her late twenties or early thirties anyway.

She smiled at Blake. "A trip to the lake would be nice. Maybe getting out and about with her will help," she said.