View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 02:44 AM   #88 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Anna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
"I turned 18 in the summer." Anna told him after he asked her age. "So I suppose we wouldn't be in the same year, unless your birthday wasn't that long ago." She said, pulling a thinking face for a brief second. It was only very brief as she tuned into what he was explaining regarding Ilvermorny's sorting system. Her eyebrows shot up as she realised it was so, so different from what they had at Hogwarts. "That's crazy! I mean, not in a bad way, but it's... wow." The girl took a moment to take it all in because that was brand new information! And an interesting piece at that, too. "What if..." She trailed off as she thought of something else. "I'm guessing the houses and the sorting is based on your traits? The mascots decide if they want you if they think the person fits their values and all that? What if..." She started again, once more trailing off. "Was there ever a case of somebody not being picked by a mascot??" She asked him with wide eyes. How SAD would that be!?

Why they didn't have Quidditch during her last year at school? "Well, first, we weren't based in Hogwarts, sadly. All of us, staff included, had to go to Beauxbatons in France for a full year because Hogwarts was out of bounds..." Anna explained, not being able to help but making a half disgusted, half annoyed face because it had all been pretty horrible, in her opinion. Especially the circumstances that took them to the other country. "So the staff were like 'blah blah, we can't have two Quidditch cups at the same time so it's unfair for either school if one gets to compete and the other doesn't, blah blah' and mixing us up wasn't an option either. Actually, I don't think they even considered that, but I think it might've been too weird anyway. And not useful, it turned out. The French didn't quite like having us there, you see." She finished, rolling her eyes. She then shook her head as a response to his other question. "Nope, nothing at all. It was horrible! That's why I was so thankful my Head of House and brothers managed to get me out of there a few times so I could get to some of the tryouts I needed to attend!" So it was basically thanks to them that she was a pro now. Not thanks to the silly education system - a thought her mother would kill her for thinking, but hey ho.

See, right there! It seemed like Kalen thought along the same lines as she did. As in, it didn't matter if children didn't follow in the footsteps of their parents. Anna would never be as scholarly as her mother - gross! - and she was more than happy to be pretty much the only athlete in the family. She did smile at his conclusive thought on the matter, though. His father would be happy to retire just to travel around to be his son's number one fan? "That's adorable!" She chuckled, studying his face closely to see if he'd be embarrassed at all by that.

Aw, wasn't he cute, thanking her for going out with him that night. "No problem, and nooo, no pressure at all! Trust me, I would not be here if I didn't want to be here." She said gesturing with her hands for added emphasis before laughing. Wait... was that a weird thing to say on a first date? Ugh, she wondered how apparent it was becoming that she wasn't particularly great at these. Well, she didn't think she was terrible, but it could just be so awkward, what with watching what you said and everything. Merlin! She tried to push those thoughts aside because they were no good to her at the moment. His saying he wasn't very good at this made her feel a bit better, even though he wasn't talking about what she was thinking. Still, it was a somewhat comforting thought. "It could be worse." Anna said with a chuckle. All of it, it could ALL be worse!

But she needed to stop before she could start overthinking things too much now.

Still very thankful for the distraction, Anna also kept looking up at their scores. Honestly, she totally missed the innuendo until he added to his comment and she turned to see he was blushing. She couldn't help but burst out laughing out loud again, so she tried to focus on selecting a new shrunken head. She could feel herself blush again and that wasn't helpful, so she made a quicker decision of which head to choose and off she went again, sending the head rolling down the lane and scoring a good number of other points for herself. All of that while not being able to stop her own blushing. Mer-lin. As long as she didn't let a giggle out, she thought she'd be alright.

She was cool, everything under control, yep. Nothing to see here.

Was November not too long ago? He wasn’t sure, not in the context in which she was talking.”Um…It’s November 24th,” he said offering her up the information. ”We’d probably have been in different years where I went,” he offered up. He was quite sure that even with being in different grades, he would have noticed Anna. Something about her drew him to her. He had taken the chance to throw another head as she processed things. He got about half the pins down and considered that a victory. Of course, his second toss went straight to the gutter. He didn’t care though, because he was busy thinking about Anna’s question. ”Um…I don’t think that’s ever happened?” His brow furrowed as he thought about it. Nope, he couldn’t remember ever hearing a story about a student not being picked by a house. ”Sometimes, a student can be wanted by all four houses…but that is really rare,” he offered up.

”France?” he blinked as he took a seat and watched Anna bowl. His feet were starting to hurt just a little. Bowling shoes were not very supportive. ”I take it, it wasn’t a fun year?” Merlin, that face she made was cute! ”Why didn’t they want you there?” Because Kalen didn’t know anything about what had gone on. Nor did he know much about the French. Well, beside the fact that they made great baked goods. Mmm….croissants… He forced himself to focus on what she was saying. His stomach would have to wait until later. ”Sounds like you have a lot of people who were invested in your career. Dad always said a good support system is necessary for making it in professional sports.”

He found himself blushing at the adorable comment. Did girls like adorable? Adorable was what you called cruppies and kneazles. Men weren’t supposed to be adorable…right? He pulled his knee up and wrapped his arms around it as he watched her bowl. Was it him or was she just as awkward and nervous as he was? ”Anna, can I ask you a question?” And then without waiting for he to accent, he blurted. ”Have you been out on many dates?” He paused. ”Or is that not good first date conversation?” he chuckled nervously. ”I haven’t,” he trudged on. He’d dug this hole, might as well jump in now. ”At least not with someone I hadn’t known for a while.”