View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 03:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

So I finished this book last night and OH. MY. GOSH. I ate it up. I couldn't stop reading and I immediately ordered the second one as soon as I finished. I'm a sucker for these dystopian young adult novels, I really am.

Although to be honest the love triangle trope is getting exhausting, but that may be because I read so many of these books that they're just downright predictable. Although this is more of a love square...I ship Laia by herself. Girl power and all. She don't need a man.

I don't think I've ever wanted to reach through a book and smack a character as much as The Commandant. And we've seen some pretty vile characters in YA novels - there was just something about how COLD and brutal she was, for literally no reason other than to exert power, that really made my blood boil. And the way she treated Elias, who is an absolute gem and my favorite character by far, was just disgusting. Ugh. Can't wait to see some good old fashion revenge against her.

Anyways yeah. I loved it. FIVE STARS!

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Lissy Longbottom is offline   Reply With Quote