View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 05:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
siriusblackliveson

DERP & DMGS
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Callista Rivers
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Ecological Protection
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

My expectations: I went in not expecting much. Sure everyone said how good it was so I figured you all wouldn’t pull my leg. But I’ve found while other people love books like the hunger games or divergent. I cannot be forced into reading those books otherwise I slowly start to hate the story all together even if i would like the story on my own. I was actually really surprised by how drawn in i got with it.

I really liked getting to see both Elias and Laia’s perspective. In other books similar to this I always wanted to know what the other “hero/heroine” if you will was doing. Here I got to see just that. I got to see what was running through his head, what he was thinking exactly. It was really neat.

I got really frustrated around the second task when Elias was becoming a pushover. Like you were clearly marked for greatness of some kind, figure it out and do something about it. But then it all switched and went going way faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
As the story went on I picked up on a few things such as Mazan being a lying jerk from the start. I had a feeling he would never do what he says and still don't fully believe he actually knows where her brother is.
I disliked him from the beginning. He just left a bad taste in my mouth and felt like an absolute traitor.

Quote:
I still don't trust Helene and I'm not a huge fan of hers, though I've gone back and forth with it.
Ugh. Helene. She was soooo frustrating. It was like she was rough and trouble emotionless then all the sudden big bold feelings for Elias. And not to mention she fluctuated so hard between follow the rules and go against them that I couldn’t ever establish if I liked her at all. I’m interested to see if she changes her ways in the coming book.

Quote:
I'm not sure which male I ship Laia with yet, I like both so much for different reasons. I hope to see Izzi again and Elias' grandfather helping him. I would love to see Mazan and the Commandant defeated.
Right? The comment from the Aguars mentioning this was 100% on point about her feelings for the two boys and just how different they are. I may actually cry tears of happiness at the defeat of Mazan and Commandant.