View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 02:09 AM   #86 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Anna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
If Zoryn was on her team? "Oh, no, no, nooo." She said emphatically, shaking her head multiple times. "Long story short, she was on my team when we played for Gryffindor, at first we were friends, then we weren't, then we were in opposite teams for the U17 league, which was when she broke my nose, and now I play for the Tornados and she plays for the Falcons." Anna nodded as she finished. "I need to remember to keep an eye on her whenever we play in the future." She added with a chuckle.

"Well, look at that, we would've been in the same house then!" She said with a grin. "How old are you? Maybe same year too! What are the odds, ha! Did your school have a kind of house system too? How does it work in America?" She asked curiously, since she didn't have a clue. The only Americans she knew had gone to Hogwarts with her, so they probably wouldn't have known that much either. Or maybe they did, but Anna never bothered to ask. Oh well!

It seemed most pro Quidditch players shared her outlook. "I'm not surprised. We did choose the best career in the world!" Anna gave him her signature cheeky grin. She listened as Kalen explained how his father said coaching was hard work and that he thought the man missed playing. Anna nodded, understanding where he was coming from. "I think I know what he feels. We didn't have Quidditch during my last year at Hogwarts and I can honestly say it nearly killed me." She said with a serious nod, but she miiight or might not be exaggerating. Well, it WAS horribly horrible, alright! At Kalen's next comment she tilted her head and studied him for a bit. He thought his father wished he had inherited some Quidditch skills? "Does that bother you?"

"Yes, it is! Well done!" She laughed and jokingly patted him on the shoulder as an 'atta-boy'. His next words and the way he said them amused her. Show him the sights? Get dinner sometime? This time she didn't miss where he was getting at, and her smirk was half amused, half pleased."Yeah, I... I can do that." Blushing, her? Nooo, it was the lights above them! Yep, them pesky neon lights!

'You’re pretty good at this.' "Why, thank you!" Anna grinned and was glad that was a distraction so she could rush back to the 'head rack' - lol - and hope her face would return to its normal colour in the next few seconds. She watched from there as Kalen had his second attempt. "Oh heeey, improvement!" She clapped her hands, chuckling as the rolling head remained on the lane and even hit some pins. "You've got points now, look!" She added playfully, pointing at the lit up score above their heads.

”19. You?” he responded hoping he wasn’t younger than her. He really didn’t care, but some girls felt that guys who were younger then them were immature. Sure, he could be at time, but most of the time he simply thought of himself as goofy...or uncoordinated. ”Yeah Ilvermorny has four houses. I was actually wanted by two of the houses, but I chose Wampus.” He paused. ”Um...” Perhaps he should explain more? ”See when you start at school, you walk into this circluar room with a glass ceiling. And there are these carvings of the house mascots and when your name’s called you walk out and the carvings single if they want you in their house...and if more than one wants you, you get to pick.” He hoped that made sense, especially because he wasn’t sure how else to explain it.

”Why didn’t you have quidditch?” He know how much not playing a sport hurt when someone was obsessed with playing. ”No scrimages or anything?” He wasn’t exactly sure how quidditch run at the school. It had always been enough to just know the sport. That was really all his father had required of him. He was exceedingly grateful that his father wasn’t one of those types that insisted that his children follow in his footsteps. Nope, Tristan Weiland was more the type to encourage that a person go out and find their bliss in life. And Kalen had – in healing. ”Not at all,” he said with a smile. ”Everyone was blessed with different skills. Just sometimes, I get the impression that he’d have retired in a heartbeat to travel around and be my biggest fan.”

Her laugh was making him a bit giddy. It was an odd sensation and he wondered if it was odd that he enjoyed it so much. And oh! She got his intention this time. And yay! His heart did a little flippy flop at her agreement to go out again. Maybe being a direct was a good thing? Sure made communicating easier. So he said, ”Hey, thanks for agreeing to come out tonight. I hope you didn’t feel pressured or anything...because I’m really having a good time. Even if,” he motioned to the scoreboards. ”I’m not very good at this.” Yep...plans for the next time they went somewhere could wait a while.

He glanced up over head as to where she pointed. ”Well, look at that. I think that’s the first time I’ve scored.” Pause. Blink. Blush. Oh Merlin… ”Points! Scored points.” And now it was his time to scurry away. Besides it was Anna’s turn right?