View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 07:20 PM   #85 (permalink)
Hey Ju

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Text Cut: Kalen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Oh good, she hadn’t thought he was too forward. But then again…he had the feeling she hadn’t understood his meaning? Maybe he really had to be very direct? Eh…he’d see where the night went. Honestly? Her enthusiasm was a bit charming in that ‘I am so happy with life I don’t care’ sort of way. The suspension wasn’t surprising. At least not from what Anna was telling him. It was a bit surprising that Anna was so unphased by it though. Clearly she wasn’t the type to hold grudges. He liked that. ”But she’s not on your team now?” he asked not sure if he hoped the girl was or wasn’t. It was things like this had sort of kept him from being on sports teams in school himself. Well, that and his general lack of athletic ability.

Oh he made her laugh again. Good! He really liked her laugh. ”Well, sort of,” he knew how his parents were. Were all Gryffindors like his folks? He really didn’t know. ”I’m not sure…probably. I don’t know if I’d really have fit in with the other houses from what my parents and their friends have told me.” He was specifically thinking of Uncle Hawkin – the most intelligent person he knew and who had been a Ravenclaw. If he remembered correctly, both sides of his family had been in various houses at Hogwarts. ”I haven’t given it much thought to be honest.” He had enjoyed school at Ilvermorny, but then he hadn’t known anything else.

”Probably. Most professional quidditch players seem to share your outlook.” He didn’t. He wasn’t the greatest at flying and he certainly wasn’t a sportsman. But he did enjoy watching and wished he could partake in some way. Hence the sports-magic field. Besides, he was good at healing. Or so he’d been told over the years. ”He says it a lot of hard work, coaching. I think he misses playing. Sometimes, I think he wishes I had inherited his skills.” Because he hadn’t. If his bowling skills hadn’t expressed that yet.

”Well, that’s what I’m doing now, isn’t it?” he asked as he watched her walk back towards him. ”And maybe you can help me with it. Um…you know…show me the sights? I’m sure you know a few good places to eat.” Maybe he would have been a Gryffindor? How was that for bravery? Jumping in head-first by asking a girl he had just met to hang out again…”Like…get dinner sometime?”

He wasn’t at all surprised when he turned around to see that Anna was trying not to laugh at him. He was only a little bit embarrassed. He had long ago come to terms with his lack of physical coordination. It was ok with him though, because she was smiling and enjoying herself. He watched her toss another head down the lanes and then picked his back up from the rack. It was telling him that he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn if the barn was two feet away, and well, Kalen was pretty sure the head was correct. ”You’re pretty good at this,” he said as all the pins went down. He was a bit distracted by her big smile.

It was his turn. ”Right, well, here goes….” He walked up and hurled the head down the lanes. This time it stayed on, knocking down a few pins.

If Zoryn was on her team? "Oh, no, no, nooo." She said emphatically, shaking her head multiple times. "Long story short, she was on my team when we played for Gryffindor, at first we were friends, then we weren't, then we were in opposite teams for the U17 league, which was when she broke my nose, and now I play for the Tornados and she plays for the Falcons." Anna nodded as she finished. "I need to remember to keep an eye on her whenever we play in the future." She added with a chuckle.

"Well, look at that, we would've been in the same house then!" She said with a grin. "How old are you? Maybe same year too! What are the odds, ha! Did your school have a kind of house system too? How does it work in America?" She asked curiously, since she didn't have a clue. The only Americans she knew had gone to Hogwarts with her, so they probably wouldn't have known that much either. Or maybe they did, but Anna never bothered to ask. Oh well!

It seemed most pro Quidditch players shared her outlook. "I'm not surprised. We did choose the best career in the world!" Anna gave him her signature cheeky grin. She listened as Kalen explained how his father said coaching was hard work and that he thought the man missed playing. Anna nodded, understanding where he was coming from. "I think I know what he feels. We didn't have Quidditch during my last year at Hogwarts and I can honestly say it nearly killed me." She said with a serious nod, but she miiight or might not be exaggerating. Well, it WAS horribly horrible, alright! At Kalen's next comment she tilted her head and studied him for a bit. He thought his father wished he had inherited some Quidditch skills? "Does that bother you?"

"Yes, it is! Well done!" She laughed and jokingly patted him on the shoulder as an 'atta-boy'. His next words and the way he said them amused her. Show him the sights? Get dinner sometime? This time she didn't miss where he was getting at, and her smirk was half amused, half pleased."Yeah, I... I can do that." Blushing, her? Nooo, it was the lights above them! Yep, them pesky neon lights!

'You’re pretty good at this.' "Why, thank you!" Anna grinned and was glad that was a distraction so she could rush back to the 'head rack' - lol - and hope her face would return to its normal colour in the next few seconds. She watched from there as Kalen had his second attempt. "Oh heeey, improvement!" She clapped her hands, chuckling as the rolling head remained on the lane and even hit some pins. "You've got points now, look!" She added playfully, pointing at the lit up score above their heads.

Maybe you'll dance, scour the buffet, or end up gossiping talking amongst yourselves!
You're happy to go with the flow and see where the Yule Ball takes you!