View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 12:34 AM   #84 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Anna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Had Anna been observant at all, she might've noticed the slight blushing and perhaps even the true meaning behind his words, but as it was, she just beamed excitedly at him because OBVIOUSLY he was excited about Quidditch too! "I hope so too!" She replied more innocently than maybe she should have.

She listened and nodded as he stated the truth about her Captaincy situation."Yep. And it seems she's pretty good at holding grudges." Anna added, never letting her amused smile vanish as she shook her head. "The best friend and I were, well, we are really, in good terms, yet she still hates my guts." She shrugged, not particularly bothered about the whole thing. It had been literal years now, that had been plenty of time to get used to it. He hoped she hadn't made the pros? "Oh, but she did. She's a pretty good player, see, that's why I kept her on the team. I heard she was suspended for something or another a little while ago, though. Not sure what it was, but I have to say I wasn't one bit surprised." The brunette chuckled, rolling her eyes at the memories of the typical Zoryn-way-of-life.

Anna raised her eyebrows when he said both his parents had been Gryffindors. "Oh, so you do know what we're like." She laughed. "So do you think you would've been one too if you had gone to Hogwarts?" Not that she thought it was all necessarily related, since her own mother was a Ravenclaw.

Glancing up every now and then from tying her shoelaces as he explained about his parents, Anna couldn't help but smile. "Aw, that's... that's kind of adorable, actually." She told him truthfully, happy that his parents were still so happy after what she believed were years and years. Their son was around her age, after all! International politics sounded like it was one of the most boring things in the planet, though, wowzah. "Is that why he hasn't quit yet? Because it's Quidditch?" Anna totally got that! "Then again, there's a lot more you can do in the field. Though..." She paused to think for a moment or two before continuing. "I can't imagine what would be cooler than being the National Team's coach! Maybe playing on the team, but that's about it." Basically what she was saying was that she was glad that wasn't a choice she had to make! Quidditch was LIFE!!!

It was a lot that he had to learn. "Oh, I bet. I couldn't imagine myself carrying on with studies, to be quite honest. Did enough brain-frying at Hogwarts to last me a lifetime, thanks!" Anna said as she watched her talking head - lol - not quite striking all the pins. "Meh." Although she had hit a few, she decided she was just warming up. Just testing the waters, y'know?

Turning around and glancing over her shoulder at the pins one last time, she then gave Kalen a funny look when 'what' was all he said. "I said you need to get out more!" She chuckled, missing his blushing completely as she watched him go onto the lane and send the shrunken head to... the gutter. She bit her bottom lip to stop herself from laughing out loud. Would it be horrible if she asked him if he wanted the little - what were they called? - side barriers up? Maybe he'd feel that was too humiliating and that was the last thing she wanted to make him feel right now. It seemed like his playing would already make sure of that. Bless. Shrunken Head Bowling could be a harsh game!! Not really.

"Do you want to have another go?" She chuckle but tried her hardest to not sound too amused. She did have to keep biting her lip every now and again just to make sure she didn't give the wrong impression. She wasn't trying to mock him, she promised! "Oh wait, no, it's my turn!" She added before he could say anything because her name just flashed above the lane again. Grabbing another talking head, she held it up first to feel its weight - and to make it say things about how uncomfortable her grip was, because she thought that was funny - then to start aiming again. Without wasting time, she stepped forward once again and rolling went the head as it continued to make comments, this time a little bit faster and stronger than the last. "STRIKE, WOOOOO!!" Both her fists went up as the flashing thing made sure to keep the score. "Not bad!" She looked up at it before turning to grin at Kalen.

Those thingies were good at keeping track of the game, huh?

Oh good, she hadn’t thought he was too forward. But then again…he had the feeling she hadn’t understood his meaning? Maybe he really had to be very direct? Eh…he’d see where the night went. Honestly? Her enthusiasm was a bit charming in that ‘I am so happy with life I don’t care’ sort of way. The suspension wasn’t surprising. At least not from what Anna was telling him. It was a bit surprising that Anna was so unphased by it though. Clearly she wasn’t the type to hold grudges. He liked that. ”But she’s not on your team now?” he asked not sure if he hoped the girl was or wasn’t. It was things like this had sort of kept him from being on sports teams in school himself. Well, that and his general lack of athletic ability.

Oh he made her laugh again. Good! He really liked her laugh. ”Well, sort of,” he knew how his parents were. Were all Gryffindors like his folks? He really didn’t know. ”I’m not sure…probably. I don’t know if I’d really have fit in with the other houses from what my parents and their friends have told me.” He was specifically thinking of Uncle Hawkin – the most intelligent person he knew and who had been a Ravenclaw. If he remembered correctly, both sides of his family had been in various houses at Hogwarts. ”I haven’t given it much thought to be honest.” He had enjoyed school at Ilvermorny, but then he hadn’t known anything else.

”Probably. Most professional quidditch players seem to share your outlook.” He didn’t. He wasn’t the greatest at flying and he certainly wasn’t a sportsman. But he did enjoy watching and wished he could partake in some way. Hence the sports-magic field. Besides, he was good at healing. Or so he’d been told over the years. ”He says it a lot of hard work, coaching. I think he misses playing. Sometimes, I think he wishes I had inherited his skills.” Because he hadn’t. If his bowling skills hadn’t expressed that yet.

”Well, that’s what I’m doing now, isn’t it?” he asked as he watched her walk back towards him. ”And maybe you can help me with it. Um…you know…show me the sights? I’m sure you know a few good places to eat.” Maybe he would have been a Gryffindor? How was that for bravery? Jumping in head-first by asking a girl he had just met to hang out again…”Like…get dinner sometime?”

He wasn’t at all surprised when he turned around to see that Anna was trying not to laugh at him. He was only a little bit embarrassed. He had long ago come to terms with his lack of physical coordination. It was ok with him though, because she was smiling and enjoying herself. He watched her toss another head down the lanes and then picked his back up from the rack. It was telling him that he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn if the barn was two feet away, and well, Kalen was pretty sure the head was correct. ”You’re pretty good at this,” he said as all the pins went down. He was a bit distracted by her big smile.

It was his turn. ”Right, well, here goes….” He walked up and hurled the head down the lanes. This time it stayed on, knocking down a few pins.