View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 08:34 PM   #82 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Anna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
"Oops, sorry!" Anna grinned sheepishly after he nearly fell over thanks to her gentle-not-so-gentle shove. She blamed it on having two older brothers. "Yep! In the starting team too!" Not a reserve or anything like that. Aaahhhh!! She quickly went back to beaming with pride because they were talking about her brand new start to her hopefully very successful Quidditch career. Aw, LOOK at him and that cute smile. He was genuinely happy for her, wasn't he? That was nice. She appreciated that more than he knew. "Thanks so much! I'm super excited!" And she kind of hoped none of her team would hate her this time, lol. That was hard work, to say the least.

Anna couldn't help but chuckle and shake her head, somewhat amused by the topic of their conversation. If she had run over her cat? She laughed. "No, nothing like that. I think she would've hated me less if I had done that. Or not." Who really knew what went on in Zoryn Spinnet's head. Certainly not Anna. "I made her best friend a sub instead of putting her in the starting team one year. The girl has hated my guts more than anything ever since even though she was on the starting team." Anna held an amused smile on even though she was rolling her eyes. "You would've thought sending a bludger at my face and breaking my nose would've been enough to calm her down, but nope!" Anna laughed at the memory. Haters were gonna hate, they said. "There was this other guy who also hated me when I didn't put him in the starting team. You know what Gryffindors are like." Wait, did he? "Not everyone who didn't make the team hated me, though, just those two. Although they did try to get more people to join their I-Hate-Anna club, but I don't think it worked." She finished with a shrug and a grin.

Okay, but THIS was THE best piece of info so FAR. She was on a blind date with the son of the American Quidditch Team's coach, MERLIN!! What were the ODDS??? Anna admittedly had a very hard time hiding her excitement and awe. To be honest, she didn't really try that hard. But his dad had been threatening to quit?? "Really? Why? Unless it's personal, then you don't need to tell me. Or you don't need to tell me either way, really." Wow, wait to go, Anna. Internal facepalm.

Anna was so used to the way the shrunken heads talked that their comments were mostly missed by her, but it was also probably because Kalen was turning out to be a great conversationalist and she liked that very much. "Ohh, is that why you came to the UK? For uni?" A medi-wizard with a focus on sports magic!? "Handy!" She said, half joking, half serious, giving him a nod of approval. "We do need those quite a lot. I did mention my former teammate breaking my nose with a bludger, didn't I?" She laughed as she finished putting her shoes on and standing back up straight. She was ready to kick his bum play some talking head bowling!

Tristan Weiland. She nodded again, trying to make a mental note to not forget that name. She was rubbish with names, though, so that would be a bit difficult. "I'll make sure to get a copy of the next magazine that writes an article on him!" She grinned. The thought momentarily distracted her to the fact that Quidditch magazines might even start to mention her sooner than later and that thought was WILD. In a very exciting way!

That was his first time out since he arrived in the country!? "You must be studying hard then." She gave him a cheeky look to see if he'd confirm that. Depending on his answer she could start gauging what kind of person he was. "Merlin, you need to get out more! Have you been to any matches yet?" And of course she meant Quidditch because duh! She looked at the shrunken head that had sworn at her, unfazed, and tossed it up and down. Yep, that one was good enough. Was she first up? Teehee, she would be!

Standing a few feet behind the bowling line, Anna eyed the pins intently, measured out the distance and her aim before swinging her 'shrunken-head-arm' back as she stepped forward, sending the talkative head rolling towards the pins. Fun times!

”Well, I hope I get to see you play sometime,” he managed to get out without blushing too much. Was he being too forward with that comment? He didn’t think so, but if he was, he hoped Anna would just think he was being overly supportive or a big quidditch fan. He wasn’t though. He knew the sport, had even played it a few times with his friends back in America, but he wasn’t a jock. Not, at least like most people expected a former pro-quidditch player’s son to be.

”So,” he repeated trying to understand the situation between Anna and her mortal enemy. ”She didn’t like you because you were doing your job as, I assume, the team captain?” He was also assuming that British quidditch teams weren’t run by an adult coach too. But it was the comment about breaking Anna’s nose with a bludger that registered and raised Kalen’s hackles the most. He was, after all, training to be a healer and quidditch was a rough enough game without adding superfluous feelings to it. ”I hope she didn’t make the pros then. An attitude like that isn’t going to let you get far.” He pursed his lips together wondering if he was being too forward with his opinions and then without thinking, he said, ”Both my parents were Gryffindors.”

The comment worked with Anna’s next question. ”No, it’s fine.” he watched her finish putting on her shoes as he continued to toss the head/ball up and down in the air. ”Mom worked in international politics. We moved a lot because of it. And in season, dad was gone for quidditch, you know, and well, I think he just wants to spend more time with her?” He shrugged. As an 19 year old boy, you weren’t supposed to admire your parents love life…right? And yet, he really wanted to have someone in his life that he admired like his dad admired his mom. [b]”Can’t imagine him not doing something quidditch-y though.”

Anna was turning out to be really fun and upbeat. Not too much drama like some girls could be. Even her question about his study habits seemed playful and well-intentioned. ”Yeah, it’s a lot of work. Lots of stuff to learn.” Especially potions, which wasn’t his greatest subject. That’s what had been taking up most of his time. He watched her toss the head/ball down the lane with ease and what he thought was easy grace. It appeared that sports really were her thing. Merlin, he hoped he didn’t look like a total tool doing this.

”What?” he asked as Anna turned around. He’d completely missed her question about catching a game. He blushed a deep red because he hadn’t just been distracted by his own fear of looking like a fool. He had been, um…distracted by Anna’s um... actions…yes actions! He quickly stepped up onto the lanes, hoping she hadn’t seen him. He took a few steps and sent the ball/head thingie down the alley and – right – into – the gutter.

Sigh. So much for not looking like a dork.