View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 01:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
How curious.

Malachi watched the Slytherin enter the arena and heard the quiver in her voice. It left him just a tad concerned. "You alright, Bellchant?" He asked, the sincerity and concern both quite evident in his tone. It was duelling. More than half the students had been eager to GET to it. It made it easier to forget the apprehension some held toward it. "It'll be fine." She had his word.

Her definition of fine might have made all the difference in such a promise but as far as he could help it, she wouldn't go home in pieces. Perfectly fine.
Oh.

Oops. Even though she hadn't intended to, she'd been super obvious about her fears, hadn't she? Isla nodded. "I'm fine, Headmaster. Just something I have to work out from within myself," she answered.

And she would.

Text Cut: DaniDiNardo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
With the last of the students now present, it was time to begin. As was the custom--one he hoped most of them had taken the time to learn by now--Malachi flicked his wand and the door slammed shut. It would remain shut and any students on the other side would see him after.

"I hope you're all as excited for this evening's duels as I am." Between the students and the professors, it was sure to be interesting. But we've got our lesson first and a few last minute things to tighten up before we get to that. I want everyone to spread out. Get yourself arms length from your classmates. Enough to support a wide range of movement." So they wouldn't end up smacking each other in the face.

No dummies today. It was, as he'd been saying in all their lessons, the big leagues. No one would shove them for bowing wrong, but he hoped Recard was ready because he suspected many hex marks by the end of it.

"Let's get in some stretches. Loosen your muscles. It'll likely come in handy for a few of you." Afterall, duelling was not standing perfectly still, upright for its duration. It sometimes involved ducking, rapid side steps, whatever it took to get away from that next spell.

"Arms out, begin moving them in a clockwise circular motion for 15 counts. When you're done, counter-clockwise for 15. Get your shoulders moving." He demonstrated for those who...likely hadn't done an exercise on their entire life.

[b]"Then, while bending, right arm left leg, left hand stretched upward. Switch, left arm right leg, right arm stretched up. I want 20 of these. Both arms make one set."

OOC: Had an unexpected Sunday but it's time to get the class going! We're beginning with some warm up, shoulder moves and all that. The lesson has officially started. If you'd still like to join, just jump in! You don't have to announce being late, y'know...unless you want to

I'll hopefully be moving us again in 36 ish hours.

...and then the door slammed shut, which reminded Isla of the time before when Curtis had been late. She didn't plan on being late to any of her classes, but she would never, ever cross Trent's path by being late to this one.

Duels. Right. They were going to duel. The thought crossed her mind that maybe, just maybe, she'd be partnered with another first year, and that person would be just as inexperienced as she was. She'd even take on a second year. Definitely not an older student, though. She tried not to think about it too much. Instead, she tried to focus on what she had said to Trent. She'd work it out within herself.

Isla got up and spread out from the people around her. She started the stretches, and oddly enough, it really relaxed her and got her nerves settled. She had taken dance lessons for years before she came to Hogwarts, so this kind of thing was right up her alley. She did all the fifteen counts in all the right directions, switching up when she was supposed to. When she was done, she started counting to twenty while doing her leg stretches. It kind of made her miss dancing...