View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 09:26 PM   #81 (permalink)
Hey Ju

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Text Cut: Kalen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Text Cut: Anna
QUOTE=Hey Ju;12441682]Anna couldn't help but let out a loud laugh at his mascot comment. "Cheeky!" She said, giving him a playful shove that might or might not've been stronger than she planned because y'know, PROFESSIONAL Chaser with strong arms and all over here, ehehe. "Good one, though." She admitted, still chuckling and leaning over to finish tying her shoes. "No, I'm their new Chaser, thank you very much!" The girl beamed with pride and jokingly tossed her hair to the side because THAT WAS A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT in her opinion, especially as she had JUST finished school and not many people became pros straight out of Hogwarts. JUST SAYIN'. Teeheehee!

As Kalen questioned her about the nemesis thing, she chuckled again as memories came flashing back. "Nah, it's not because they're Falcons. It's a school thing. One of their beaters hated my guts at Hogwarts. I'm pretty sure she still hates me today." Anna told him with a casual shrug because, truth be told, she was used to being hated by some of her housemates by the end of her school time. Gryffindors would Gryffindor, as some people would say. They were all just a passionate bunch, alright? Mmmmhm. "But I know some of the other players and they don't hate me." She waved a hand lazily as she explained. Thinking about it now, a few of the Falcons had gone to school with her at some point or another. One was her middle brother's old roommate and another was her eldest brother's first love interest. Wow. How weird.

Enough musing about that, because WAIT a minute, his father was the COACH for the USA NATIONAL TEAM??? "Their national Quidditch team??!?" She asked with wide eyes, juuust to be sure. Because weren't Americans big on that Quodpod rubbish? Not that she knew that much about said sport, but it definitely wasn't as exciting as Quidditch. Then again, nothing was, really. If that was true that was VERY IMPRESSIVE and the brunette let her admiration show because WOW. That was no small feat!

So her questions. "So what do you do?" Since his father was such an greatly accomplished figure within the Quidditch world - WAIT. "No, what's your surname?? Well, or what's your father's name, I should ask?" WOOPS, was all that a bit too awkward? Anna just wanted to know who the super cool guy was. She didn't know the name of the USA National Quidditch team coach and that was kind of embarrassing. It was horribly embarrassing, actually. And she called herself a pro! She kicked herself mentally. Shame on you, Anna!

When he asked where the balls were she, again, laughed. This bloke was too funny! "There are no actual bowling balls here. We play with the talking heads!" She said, gesturing towards a group of the shrunken heads that would literally NOT shut up. "Have you never been here before??" She asked, giving him an amused smile and going to get one of the shrunken heads. "They're quite friendly, really." Anna added, grabbing one of the heads which proceeded to curse her for not holding it properly.

The push was unexpected. Even more so, was the strength behind it. With his foot-half in the shoe, he tumbled over to the side, but quickly caught himself so he didn’t fall over. Thank Merlin he hadn’t fallen over, because hopping hippogriffs that would have been embarrassing! ”A chaser, eh?” he asked pleased that she was laughing. It might have been at his expense but…nope nope! She liked his joke. A big cheesy smile filled his face. ”Well that explains a lot. Congrats. I’m sure it was hard earned.” And he meant it. He hoped his smile expressed that to her.

Oh good, she didn’t have a problem with the Falcons. Not only was he relieved because it meant she was less likely to have a problem with his dad and well, the Falcons were the only team he really knew much about. Well, now he knew at least one thing about the Tornados too. [b]”What could you have done to have someone hate you?”[/] his eyebrows shot up a little at the idea. Because honestly, Kalen couldn’t think of any reason why someone would hate someone. Maybe Kalen was just too much of a people person to have enemies. ”I can’t imagine having someone hate you. Did you run over her cat or something?”

Kalen was reaching for one of the weird head thingies when Anna got loud. He jumped slightly, hand pulling back from the head. It made a snarky comment to him about being a scaredy cat. ”Um….” he scratched the back of his neck with a hand as his cheeks flushed. ”Yeah….well, at the moment. Who knows what’ll happen before the next quidditch cup. He’s been threatening to quite for years.” It was true. Every few months, his dad would come home, sweep his mom off her feet and then complain about how he wanted to quite and just stay home with her. It was all quite embarrassing kind of cute.

He reached for one of the heads again. This time he managed to pick it up. He tossed it up and down a few times trying to get a feel for its weight. The head made some sort of muffle comment about his mom being a aardvark. He scowled at it and gave it another toss just to mess with it. ”Me? Well, I’m at Col-no…no…you guys call it University – right?” because he was still not quite sure about all of that. ”I’m studying to be a medi-wizard. With a focus on sports magic.” He was now tossing the head thingie back and forth between two hands like a basketball. ”Weiland,” he said simply. Then added, ”Tristan Weialnd.” And now he felt like a dumb American pretending to be James Bond.

He was about to put the head back when Anna said they were the balls. ”Really? How weird,” he had thought they were just for decoration. Well, it appeared he’d already picked out his ball. ”Nope, this is really my first time out since I’ve arrived in England.” He shrugged refusing to be embarrassed about what he was going to admit next. ”I really don’t know anyone in England and school’s been keeping me busy.”
[/QUOTE]

"Oops, sorry!" Anna grinned sheepishly after he nearly fell over thanks to her gentle-not-so-gentle shove. She blamed it on having two older brothers. "Yep! In the starting team too!" Not a reserve or anything like that. Aaahhhh!! She quickly went back to beaming with pride because they were talking about her brand new start to her hopefully very successful Quidditch career. Aw, LOOK at him and that cute smile. He was genuinely happy for her, wasn't he? That was nice. She appreciated that more than he knew. "Thanks so much! I'm super excited!" And she kind of hoped none of her team would hate her this time, lol. That was hard work, to say the least.

Anna couldn't help but chuckle and shake her head, somewhat amused by the topic of their conversation. If she had run over her cat? She laughed. "No, nothing like that. I think she would've hated me less if I had done that. Or not." Who really knew what went on in Zoryn Spinnet's head. Certainly not Anna. "I made her best friend a sub instead of putting her in the starting team one year. The girl has hated my guts more than anything ever since even though she was on the starting team." Anna held an amused smile on even though she was rolling her eyes. "You would've thought sending a bludger at my face and breaking my nose would've been enough to calm her down, but nope!" Anna laughed at the memory. Haters were gonna hate, they said. "There was this other guy who also hated me when I didn't put him in the starting team. You know what Gryffindors are like." Wait, did he? "Not everyone who didn't make the team hated me, though, just those two. Although they did try to get more people to join their I-Hate-Anna club, but I don't think it worked." She finished with a shrug and a grin.

Okay, but THIS was THE best piece of info so FAR. She was on a blind date with the son of the American Quidditch Team's coach, MERLIN!! What were the ODDS??? Anna admittedly had a very hard time hiding her excitement and awe. To be honest, she didn't really try that hard. But his dad had been threatening to quit?? "Really? Why? Unless it's personal, then you don't need to tell me. Or you don't need to tell me either way, really." Wow, wait to go, Anna. Internal facepalm.

Anna was so used to the way the shrunken heads talked that their comments were mostly missed by her, but it was also probably because Kalen was turning out to be a great conversationalist and she liked that very much. "Ohh, is that why you came to the UK? For uni?" A medi-wizard with a focus on sports magic!? "Handy!" She said, half joking, half serious, giving him a nod of approval. "We do need those quite a lot. I did mention my former teammate breaking my nose with a bludger, didn't I?" She laughed as she finished putting her shoes on and standing back up straight. She was ready to kick his bum play some talking head bowling!

Tristan Weiland. She nodded again, trying to make a mental note to not forget that name. She was rubbish with names, though, so that would be a bit difficult. "I'll make sure to get a copy of the next magazine that writes an article on him!" She grinned. The thought momentarily distracted her to the fact that Quidditch magazines might even start to mention her sooner than later and that thought was WILD. In a very exciting way!

That was his first time out since he arrived in the country!? "You must be studying hard then." She gave him a cheeky look to see if he'd confirm that. Depending on his answer she could start gauging what kind of person he was. "Merlin, you need to get out more! Have you been to any matches yet?" And of course she meant Quidditch because duh! She looked at the shrunken head that had sworn at her, unfazed, and tossed it up and down. Yep, that one was good enough. Was she first up? Teehee, she would be!

Standing a few feet behind the bowling line, Anna eyed the pins intently, measured out the distance and her aim before swinging her 'shrunken-head-arm' back as she stepped forward, sending the talkative head rolling towards the pins. Fun times!

Maybe you'll dance, scour the buffet, or end up gossiping talking amongst yourselves!
You're happy to go with the flow and see where the Yule Ball takes you!