Thread: Stone Bridge
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 02:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

The Giant Squid? Claudine could say honestly that she had never spoken to the Squid though she had heard tales from her family about Bartholomew Winslow. “I’ve only seen him sunbathing at a distance.’’ Then curiosity got the best of her. “Have you ever spoken to him?’’ she asked, turning slightly to face Cole. What caught her off guard was his apology. Claudine knew that she always displayed aloofness and even coldness at times and further knew that it was enough to keep others away from her. Cole probably had already picked up that vibe since they had first met last year. “It’s alright. It’s just easy to get lost in my own thoughts.’’

Claudine peered down over the bridge again. “I was thinking that the sky reflecting in the water would make a very photogenic sketch.’’ She didn’t really expect Cole to understand; only fellow artists would. Now she wished that she had brought her sketchpad and coloured pencils.
Bartholomew Winslow aka the Giant Squid was a special creature that Cole dearly hoped that he could get to talk to face to face before he graduated from. Shaking his head he responded to Claudine with a sideways eager look. "No I haven't talked to the squid, but I really, really want to. My dad has said that he is super cool." Looking down at the lake far below, Cole was dissapointed to not see anymore sign of the squid. "I've heard that the squid is a bid fan of sun bathing too. It's a pity that we are going into winter. I wonder if he goes into hibernation when the lake get's covered in ice." Like many muggle creatures did but did that apply to magical ones too?

Cole relaxed a little when Claudine said that she didn't mind the company. He respected her wish for privacy but sometimes it meant she came off as aloof and cold and that was not good for forming friendships with anyone. Eyes drawn down to the lake and how the sun reflected in the water he said thoughtfully. "It could be a cool sketch, yes but i'm more into sketching creatures in the moment like when the squid broke the water. I've got my sketchbook with me if you want to borrow a page?"