View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 02:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Gunnar hadn't immediately seen Kaiser when he stumbled upon this crowd and scene, though he likely wouldn't have paid him much mind just as he had all term. But he turned his eyes towards his dorm mate as he heard his comment about Halloween, having had that same though, no matter how facetious it might have been.

And then he paused a beat when Kaiser addressed him directly. Whether it was the fact that he actually spoke to him for the first time in Merlin knew how long or requesting him to do something he was not quite so skilled with. "A patronus, right," he nodded, his eyes shifting towards the Salazar Slytherin lookalike. Not that he didn't agree that it was a good idea, it was, considering he didn't know who this guy was nor knew if he was someone permitted inside the castle. But a patronus charm was very advanced spellwork and while he had managed to cast one, he wasn't so sure about the messenger part of it. And he wasn't about to appear inept in front of this group, just in case his charm fell short.

But before he could give that idea much thought, or figure out just what he could do about it, Phoebe's words cut through his contemplation. Chosen? Gunnar gave the man some consideration through his narrowed eyes. "No, I don't think it's Kodee..." It would be a funny sort of prank that he could maybe see his friend doing, but he also didn't think he could pull off the gruff sort of haughtiness this man was conveying.

A man who was now talking to him in a hushed voice. Gunnar gave him a sort of skeptical look. Mm, he knew exactly what he was referring to, which was very on brand with this character, and he couldn't say he was exactly impressed. But he was very curious in what this was about and decided to bide his time just a bit while he figured this out. "That depends on what that sort of undertaking entails," he answered the man. "And why."

The sudden appearance of Toddles (had he been there all along??) startled him slightly, and he turned his eyes to the eager little elf, giving him a wave in return. Ugh, what was... what was flying from his duster? "Toddles, do you think you could do me a favor? It's very important." He crouched down a bit to level himself with the shorter being. Gunnar might not be a part of SPEW anymore, but he still valued the house elves. "Find Headmaster Trent and tell him we need his assistance immediately. Make sure he knows it's urgent." Elves were able to apparate throughout the castle and it would be faster than a patronus anyway, maybe.

Some of the younger students looked rather alarmed and he felt better about keeping his focus here. "Don't worry, Austin. I'll help you get to the common room in a minute. I was actually on my way there too."

And what in the name of Merlin was this Hufflepuff doing? Gunnar raised an eyebrow at the boy's tone as he retorted an answer to "Salazar". "Alright, no need for the attitude," he told the kid. "Manners have not changed that much, and that sass isn't helping anything." They did not know what they were dealing with here, not really. And mouthing off right now could potentially exacerbate an already touchy situation. It would be best to wait for Trent to get there.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line