View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 02:19 AM   #115 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default #teampatient but just watching/preparing for now
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Heath sat bolt upright as Schmoe said the word “acting”. Whoa, this lesson just kept getting better and better! If there was one skill that he was 100% confident about, it was his acting chops. He had this activity in the bag! Now there was just the question of what card he'd get. Hopefully he'd get to play a patient this time! Not that there was anything wrong with being a doctor, just… he'd already done that in the last activity, and a good actor craved variety.

He turned over the card he was handed and read: Team Patient. Yes! He was so excited about getting the role he wanted that he almost forgot to read which illness or injury he was supposed to be acting. Broken leg… Heath thought for a minute, contemplating the best way to portray his "injury" when the time came, and for some reason, a scene from his favorite movie replayed in his mind. He knew exactly what to do now!

Heath was only half paying attention to the other students' performances; he was too busy trying to make himself look as banged up as possible without a proper costume or makeup. He undid the topmost button of his shirt and untied his tie, allowing it to dangle limply around his neck. Then he tucked one side of his shirt collar down to make it look like half of his collar had been ripped off. After rolling up his sleeves and one trouser leg, he adjusted his robes so that the neckline hung off one shoulder. Now he was almost ready - just one more thing! He ruffled his hair, making it fall into his eyes in front and stand up wildly in back. Hmm… he wondered if he had a pen or ink in his bag that he could use to draw scars. Nope, he decided. It might confuse the doctors trying to diagnose him.

Speaking of which. whose turn was it? Heath had gotten so caught up in getting into character that he lost track. He looked up, silently judging watching the two Gryffindor girls' performance. It looked like they'd already figured the diagnosis, so there was no need for his input… not that he would've given it anyway. He was much too shy to blurt out answers to a room full of people! As he quietly awaited his turn, he thought what a shame it was that he didn't have a partner for his act. The scene he had in mind would be much better (read: more dramatic) with two patients! But, alas… too shy to ask anyone!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...