View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 10:01 PM   #109 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default *catches up*
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Heath was having so much fun brainstorming a Halloween costume that he nearly forgot this was transfiguration class… until Professor Eris revealed the odd assortment of clothing on the rail and began explaining the spell. Oh, so they weren’t doing props today? Heath frowned. Darn! He wanted to learn how to transfigure something into a lightsaber! He blinked confusedly at the mention of paper plates. That seemed like a weird choice of item to turn into a shoe, but who was he to question it? He was no transfiguration expert by any means!

Heath watched in awe as Professor Eris turned an ordinary paper plate into a shoe. Whoa! That was so cool! Probably harder than it looked, though… knowing his luck with transfiguration, probably a lot harder. But Heath wasn’t going to let that stop him from learning. He hung on to the professor’s every word, carefully copying down the information on the board. Think how much time and money he’d save on costumes if he could master this spell! He eagerly approached the rail, looking over the clothing choices. For the Luke Skywalker vest, he picked an orange and green striped jumper that looked like something his grandpa would wear, and for the utility belt, a little girls’ pink glitter belt.

After grabbing a couple of paper plates from the basket, Heath returned to his seat. He unlaced his school shoes and placed them neatly under his desk before standing on the plates. Okay, tap the plate once, and… “Pe-des-tis!” Heath looked down, and… nothing happened. Why? Did he say the spell wrong? He checked his notes. No. Maybe he didn’t tap it hard enough. He tried again. “Pedestis!” Was it just him, or did the plate look a bit more fitted to his foot this time? Maybe if he tried again, the third time would be the charm… or in this case, the transfiguration.

“Pedestis!” Heath cried, a little more forcefully this time. He managed to make the plate turn black, but it still hadn’t molded into the shape of a boot. He heaved a frustrated sigh. Ugh! Why couldn’t he get this spell right? He knew exactly what Luke Skywalker’s boots were supposed to look like, so why wouldn’t the picture in his mind materialize in reality?

Before Heath could attempt the spell again, they were moving on to something else. Oh, great. Another spell I’m going to mess up in front of everybody, he thought as he watched the demonstration. Might as well get it over with! He looked from the jumper to the belt, silently debating which one would be easier to transfigure. He decided to start with the belt, thinking maybe its smaller size would make it easier. Picturing the black Luke Skywalker utility belt clearly in his mind, he moved his wand down in a straight line to the belt and tapped it three times. “Multicorfors!”

Did that do anything? Heath scrutinized the belt. Hmm… it did look a little longer and thicker if you squint, but that wasn’t good enough! He tried again. “Multicorfors!” Now the belt was definitely longer, and it had turned black. It was definitely an improvement, but it still didn’t have the pouch or the lightsaber clip… and the belt buckle was all wrong. Now what was he doing wrong? Heath thought for a minute. Maybe a utility belt was too complicated to start out. He decided to try the vest instead. Concentrating as hard as he could on the image of Luke Skywalker’s long black vest, he moved his wand straight down and tapped the ugly orange and green jumper thrice. “Multicorfors!”

When Heath looked again, there was a black vest where the jumper used to be. The V- cut wasn’t as deep as it was supposed to be, and the sizing was a bit off. Still, he was calling this a win for now. Maybe he could do this after all! Now if only he could fix the utility belt and figure out how to do the boots, he’d be set!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...