Thread: Great Lake
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 07:25 AM   #20 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Text Cut: Quotesssssss
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Mmm, the squid liked bread. Bernie dug around in her bag and pulled out two sandwiches in a baggie. They were definitely not leftover from the train. "D'ya think Barty would like these?" she offered, dangling them out over the water for the boy to take. "Oh, his name is Bartholomew Henry, by the way," she answered his question, which wasn't directed to her, but which she couldn't resist sharing.

No, y'know, she hadn't heard the rumour about Godric Gryffindor disguising himself as a squid, but it was cool if so. She shrugged at the Hufflepuff's swimming idea. "I say go for it, but be sure to take the sandwiches with you. Then you can ask him to come visit ALL of us. He speaks English, I'm pretty sure." And this boy could do all the talking. She didn't really feel like getting her feet wet today. Plus, this rock was warmed by the sun and she had candy to eat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Isla shook her head. "No, I don't. I didn't realize he was called something else other than 'The Squid'," she answered. Which was odd, because she knew he liked bread and spoke English, but yet she didn't even know his name? Hmm. Her eyebrows rose into the air at his next statement. "Godric Gryffindor in disguise? What makes him think that?" Did the squid carry around a sword or something? Wear scarlet and gold? Not that squids typically wore clothes, but they also didn't usually have names, eat bread, or speak English either.

Bernie...randomly had some bread in her bag? Okay, then. Whatever worked. Even though her question was directed toward Asher, Isla nodded. "I think it's worth a try," she answered. Besides, now that they were talking about this squid so much, Isla wanted to see it. If bread was what it took, then so be it. Also, his name was Bartholomew Henry? What a mouthful! And who on earth had given him that name? "Aren't there grindylow in this lake?" she thought to ask. If Asher was just going to dive on out there, he should probably know that he might have some visitors.

The first year kicked off her shoes and socks and waded out to maybe the first foot or two of water. She wasn't going for a swim, but a nice wade would be cool. Also, if the squid was going to make an appearance, she wanted a good view of the action!
Asher glanced back from his friend to the Gryffindor girl and back again. So much information about the Giant Squid, and here they were squid-less. But he figured it was better to get all of their bases covered. Anything to up their chances of meeting the squid, err, Bartholomew Henry was more than okay with him!

"Bartholomew Henry," he repeated, making a few long strides in the water to grab the sandwich baggie from the Gryffindor. By the time he made it over to her, that Bubblehead Charm had fully run its course. He didn't notice that, however; he was a bit preoccupied with examining the sandwiches. They seemed ... old? Buuuuuuuut food was food, right? "Thanks!"

Asher shrugged about the whole squid-in-disguise thing. "Not sure why Kenny told me that Bartholomew Henry was secretly Godric Gryffindor. Maybe just an old rumour? Or maybe he's just messing with me..." He was just going off what he was told. He was just eleven after all. There was so much for him to learn and all that. "But we can know for sure if Bartholomew Henry shows up, and we can ask whatever else we wanna know."

The boy then started to tread back to his original position in the lake, sandwiches in hand. He faced Isla when she mentioned grindylows. "Yeah, they're in this lake," he replied. But there was no concern in his voice. "They shouldn't be this close to the surface though. They tend to stick to weed beds at the bottom of lakes." At least that's what all the books he read about water creatures said, and he wasn't planning on going that far down to meet them.

"Could you both keep watch? Blast them away and all that should they show up? Uhh ... just in case?" He clearly didn't have his wand on him and was too young to die.