View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 08:18 PM   #83 (permalink)
Stormdancer

DMC & DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bennett Potter
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Ward
Ravenclaw
First Year
Toto * RotiSila * ToRo * Braveheart * Grandma & Mama Tori

With a nod, Carwyn smiled as they all either happily or reluctantly took parchment to begin working on their designs. They didn’t have to be fantastic or look as if they were drawn by the best artist as they only have five or ten minutes to do them but any sketches that they made would help them in the next activity. They had probably figured it out by now that they were going to be working on transfiguring Halloween outfits by now, and if they hadn’t SURPRISE!. Heh.

He quietly turned back to the board and wrote a few words on the board - hair, top, bottom, shoes, props, other clothing items? - as a reminder for the various pieces that someone could need for an outfit. Of course this list wouldn’t apply to everyone, some wouldn’t need half of it while others would need every item and more. With that in mind he added; Would you need anything else? underneath in his careful looped handwriting before he put down the chalk and turned around to move around the room.

SPOILER!!: Cole and Naya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Halloween.....

It brought up uneasy memories for Cole. Professor Eris couldn't possibly know ,but it was on the day before Halloween that they had recieved the letter about his mother's 'death' in France 10 years ago. Then the festiveness of trick or treating, carving pumpkins and dressing up had lost it's glimmering touch. It had though gotten back some of it's fun in recent years even it it still hurt. Raising his hand Cole said quietly "I never plan my outfit beforehand. I just go with my mood and choose a character from something i've read in a book or seen on tv and then go ransack, first my dad's wardrobe and then the attic and then piece something cool together on the morning of halloween. One year i dressed up as a chicken."The cucko-sounds had been the hardest.

As the lesson progressed Cole got more and more drowsy. When they got to the create a description of a halloween costume you want to wear part he was very tempted to put his head on the table and sleep. Somehow he doubted Professor Eris would approve of that. Getting a parchment out along with some writing supplies Cole got to work.

It was by that time that Cole felt like he had done enough. He laid his quill down and pushed the ink out of reach. Then he layed his down on his desk, with a hand over his parchment, incase someone might snatch it. He gave Professor Eris a glance before he closed his eyes. He just needed a small nap, he was a growing boy. The professor would surely see that too right?[/FONT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer11 View Post
So the first assignment was to design a costume as if they were having an event at school. Were they having a Halloween event at school? Were they going to transfigure something into their hypothetical costumes. Naya hoped that both things were true. She enjoyed coming up with her Halloween costumes and if they actually had a chance to make and wear them......well that would be awesome.

Of course Naya already had something in mind. She wanted to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz for Halloween. Now she just had to draw a sketch and get her idea down on parchment. Naya grabbed a piece of parchment and got straight to work.

She drew her face and shoulders and then Naya went to work on her dress. Dorothy wore a blue and white gingham dress. Clearly Naya didn’t think about the fact that she had to draw all those little blue and white checks when she made her choice. Since drawing was her thing, she took care in making her dress look as good as possible. Then she needed a white, short sleeved blouse to go with the dress. The most important part of the costume, in her opinion, was the ruby slippers. That totally made the outfit. Naya made sure that she had them properly bedazzled in her picture. Oh and she had to have the white ankle socks.

Naya took a moment to look at her picture so far. Not bad, but it still needed more. The accessories would top off the whole ensemble. She drew a basket and of course she had to have little Toto. Last, but not least was the hairdo. Dorothy wore two braids tied with ribbons. Naya added the hair to her drawing and she was done.

Putting her parchment down, Naya happened to look to the side and notice that Cole was um.......dreaming about his costume. She poked him in the arm. ”Cole, Cole wake up”, she whispered. She didn’t want him to get in trouble for sleeping during class.

Walking between the desks, he noted that everyone was at least trying to draw their outfit and that was all he could ask for. All a Professor wanted was for them to try. Though, when he looked over Benjamin’s shoulder he had zero ideas what the boy wanted to dress up as. Not a one. He’d find out in a minute he was sure but for now he kept walking; he saw Lex has a pirate, Kaiser a crown, Isla a fairy and Tom had a monster of a Professor. He chuckled under his breath as he nodded happily before turning around to check on the last table which held Cole and Naya.

Walking up from behind him, the Professor didn’t think too much of Cole’s position, assuming he was just bent over his parchment and drawing intently. He was bent over his parchment, but not in any good way. Slipping his wand from his holster, he aimed it at Mr Vance and cast a mild stinging jinx at him; it would only sting for about ten seconds but it should be enough to wake him up. ”Mr Vance.” He said, standing behind him. ”I require your eyes open and your full attention for the rest of the lesson. Do not make me deduct more points from Gryffindor today, or worse - give you a detention.” As the boy moved, Carwyn was at least thankful to see he had completed his outfit before sleeping, but that didn’t put him in any form of a better mood with the young Lion.

Moving away from Cole, he instead spoke up. ”One minute left everyone.” He did one quick, last walk around the room before he moved back to the front of the classroom. ”Perfect. Well done to everyone for coming up with a costume so quickly. Sometimes, you simply don’t have more than half an hour notice or everything changes because you can’t find an essential part of the original costume regardless of how you tried.” He nodded, smiling again.

”Now, answer me this… If you look at the picture of the outfit you are hoping to create, what would you need so that you could pull it all together before the weekend? Think about clothing, shoes, and props. Would you require anything specific for your hair? Charms will help with the changing of your hair or even your eye colour for a few hours for an event like this, but you want to be able to transfigure any clothes or items for your outfit that you don’t already have.” Yes! Did they see how helpful Transfiguration could be? ”This will save you having to message your parents and hoping that they can find what you need before the weekend.”

OOC: Hi my lovelies!!! <3 Time for question two. Thank you to everyone for sticking with Carwyn and his ridiculous love of Halloween.

Due to said love of Halloween, I have another RP opportunity for you here.. Carwyn will mention that this gathering will be happening at the end of the seminar so everyone here would know it would be happening.

Now, you have roughly 30 hours to answer the Professor’s question and we will be moving on at some point between 2am and 3am on Wednesday morning GMT.