View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 01:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Portraits
Always the Tone of Surprise
Streeler

Tell Them I'm Trapped in an Oil Painting

Even more of an audieeeeeeeeeeeeence!

She would have paused to address each in turn, but she was right in the middle of her performance of a lifetime the month. Libiamo ne’lieti calici was such a beautiful melody and her voice only accentuated it. Even the deliciously dashing headmaster had heard her song and come to have a listen.

He should have brought roses to toss at her feet when she was finished.

But she was not yet ready to address anyone. She had a song to finish.

Another young Gryffindor [Optimist.Prime] received a proper whacking from her flower crown for sheer rudeness in NOT acknowledging the headmaster who was standing right there. As did that same sassypants Gryffindor [Waterloo] who was telling her to eat socks. Such absurdity!

Flower petals and leaves scattered across the floor, the Fat Lady reached her final climatic note and (remarkably) hit it for once.

She could now finally address what the headmaster had requested of her and did so with a resounding, "NOOOOOO! Not until she --- " she THRUST one of her fingers towards the girl in the portrait [Granger Danger]. "Gives me the applause I deserve!" Not that the Fat Lady even knew what she had done to cause them to switch places. "She was rolling her eyes and moaning and groaning in the rudest manner when she approached my portrait. I was right in the middle of scolding her when we switched places. The rest of this motley crew could afford some proper praise and less blubbering TOO."

She was specifically looking at the little lioness who had been on the receiving end of her flower crown more than once.