View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 11:34 AM   #113 (permalink)
laurange

DERP & DMLE
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aslan Archer
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rose Woods
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
x9 x6
Default And that's a wrap.
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

SPOILER!!: Weasley174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasley174 View Post
Tom smiled as he put on a pair of sunglasses, see this was why they should have come here in Buses, this was totally a muggle activity. He remembered when he was younger learning all about the planets in the solar system, he also knew years ago there had been some issue about a small object called Pluto, something that had caused arguments between his father and his teacher, because his fathers family would not take with the downgrading of it.

Tom just put on the sunglasses, now if only he was near a body of water, he could have done some sunbathing but as it was they were about to watch an eclipse.

"Professor why can't we get really close?" Tom asked, seriously if they were witches and wizards, why not and that would be an amazing experience watching an eclipse from like right where it was happening.

She'd no sooner gotten comfortable, than she'd been approached by a particularly curious youngin'. Thing was, she was normally SUPER into the questions and would love to answer things, but she'd also been awake for what was now coming quickly on twenty hours and she just wanted to SLEEP. Which was what she was planning to do while the kids had their tour of the university.

"Well, because it does not really get any closer," she said, pulling her sunglasses off to look at the first year. "Eclipses are a matter of shadow and perspective, so if we were, for example, standing on the moon, there would be nothing to observe."

"If you need more help with it, you can always come by my office and I'll see how we can model it for you. Meanwhile, though, I do believe the eclipse is beginning right about now."

And indeed, it was! Simran barely slipped the sunglasses on in time to see the shadow of moon move across the sun in the way that had taken her breath away all those years ago. It was, as always, a shorter experience than she would have preferred, but no less beautiful than it had been the first time she had seen it.

Once it was over, she stood, somewhat dazed, and took off the sunglasses. "Now, the Astronomy students will split you lot into groups for the tour of the facilities. Don't wander off, don't get lost. We'll be back here at 12 for lunch, and the portkey home is at 1."

"Go be inspired."

She, meanwhile, would take a nap.

OOC: And on that note, I must (belatedly) end our lesson and close the thread. I hope you and your characters've all had lots of fun, and I can't wait to see you at our next lesson!