View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 07:12 AM   #112 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default So much catch-up!
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Heath shrunk down in his seat as he felt the professor’s eyes on him. For one wild moment, he thought she was going to ask if he had anything to add, but to his relief, she didn’t. Oh, so he (and pretty much everyone else) had guessed correctly. They were going to Ethiopia to view an eclipse! Heath had never seen a total solar eclipse before; this was going to be interesting! So could they go yet? Apparently not…

Heath listened intently to the professor’s lecture - or as intently as his excitement would allow. Syzygy, occultation, transit… the new terms buzzed around in Heath’s mind as he jotted down a few notes. Now they were finally getting to the good part! Heath’s eyes widened slightly as the professor mentioned portkeys. Oh, so that was what was in the bag! He should’ve guessed. Well, at least he’d been right about the special eclipse-viewing glasses.

Heath remained in his seat until he was sure the prefects had finished their headcount. When his name was called, he grabbed his bag and stepped forward to claim his portkey - a used gum wrapper, ugh! He clutched the wrapper tightly, watching as it began to glow in his hand. He had just enough time to brace for the inevitable jolt to follow before he felt a strong tug at his stomach, and he disappeared.

The next thing Heath knew, he was flat on his back in a pile of pillows. Yeah, he was just going to lie here for a while until the wave of queasiness subsided. He doubted the Addis Ababa University would take kindly to him puking on their pillows! It looked like he’d be used to portkey travel by now, having taken them to and from his brother’s quidditch matches many times - there was no way around it with Fiy playing for Canada and the rest of the family in London - but no matter how many portkeys he took, it never failed to make him nauseous.

After giving his stomach some time to settle, Heath brushed his hair out of his eyes and took a pair of sunglasses. He re-positioned himself on the pillows, looking up just in time. Wow, this was awesome! He kept his eyes glued to the skies, paying careful attention just like the professor said. Wait, was he supposed to be taking notes on what he saw? Because that would be hard to do while wearing these sunglasses! Come to think of it, was there going to be a quiz on the eclipse when they got back? Heath had no idea, but he could worry about that later. For now, he was too busy enjoying the show!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...