View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 09:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Ringo
Formerly: Rupert-Grint-Fan

Porlock

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rowan Lewis
Third Year
Dave Grohl-Josh Hutcherson-RupertGrint-HP-HG- Marvel-D.C-Taylor Hawkins-Drumming-Foo Fighters-

SPOILER!!: Bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

Oh! Hippogriffs! Ha ha... well. "I'm not s-startled," Bernie stammered defensively. See, she'd already put her wand away. "I just have to be ready, y'know, because these gargoyles like to attack people. They can be VERY aggressive." Hadn't he heard of the drama from last year? If not, that was also a good thing.

She didn't hear his muttered thanks, focusing entirely on the kitty clingingg to his shoulder, and wondering if she might be allowed to pet it? "Huh?" Ogott was long forgotten as she inched closer to petting the kitty. "Can I pet her? Does she like people? Does she like chasing strings and playing with toys?" Because those were all important details that factored into picking out her name. "Where did you get her?"

OF COURSE she had suggestions; she just had to narrow them down. Bernie nodded at Rowan and put her hand out for the kitten to sniff and approve.

“Right, they can be pretty scary...” Rowan commented thoughtfully, glancing nervously at the gargoyles. With that, why of all the creatures in the barn was she fascinated with them in particular? Wouldn’t you want to go pet some nifflers? Bernie was quite brave. Rowan definitely wasn’t, with the unease from the gargoyles settling more with how it felt like they were watching his every move.

“Of course you can pet her!” Rowan beamed as the kitten happily transferred over into Bernadette’s arms. “She hasn’t met too many people yet, just my sister who she isn’t fond of but that’s cuz she’s a toddler and doesn’t understand how to properly hold a kitten.” He chuckled, noticing the loud purr that seemed to erupt from the kitten the moment Bernadette started holding her. “She seems to love you!” He commented.

She does love toys and all that, she’s quite rambunctious,” he nodded. The little white ball of fluff did have a very spunky personality but was also very sweet - two particular traits that seemed to make this naming thing hard. ”I actually found her in the bushes at my-“ but he was suddenly cut off by stone falling on his head...

SPOILER!!: Gargoyles!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARGOYLES! View Post
Ogott was indeed in a state of stone sleep, perched in the rafters of the barn, and was not adjusting well to the displacement to Hogwarts. Away from his pack and away from everything familiar, the gargoyle had been a little more indignant than usual. It was only his master's care that kept him in check along with the task appointed to him of keeping careful watch over the creatures residing in these barns. Those creatures who were his new pack.

A little creak and a little crack, he began to wake from his slumber with tiny granules of "stone" chipping and flaking off his flank, raining down on the pair of students below.

“Bloody hell!” The boy exclaimed as dust and stone fell on him and Bernadette. Rubbing his head, he peered up with squinted eyes as dust continued to rain down on him. It was a gargoyle - waking up! Rowan took a shaky breath in, looking back to Bernadette. “That gargoyle up there is awake!” He whispered. Well, duh. Way to point out the obvious. “Are you hurt?” He added with concern as he brushed the dust off his shoulders and hair.