View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 12:15 AM   #77 (permalink)
Hey Ju

DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brenna Kavanaugh
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Sure about what? He wondered and then realized she meant about knowing who he was. ”Well, that’s a really deep philosophical question there. I’m not sure if that’s first date material. Maybe more like second or third…” he quipped back. He was unable to hide his faint blush of embarrassment though which bloomed high on his cheekbones near his ears. ”But I’m glad you are you, you know?” She probably didn’t. But that was ok.

He turned back to the person behind the counter and asked for a lane and a pair of shoes (size 10) and then looked at Anna. ”Shoes?” he asked, because he was not going to even attempt to guess. Because he’d get it wrong and then she’d get mad and that would be a great start to their outing. Nope, he’s mamma taught him better than that. And she would know, being a former ambassador and all. ”New England. Mostly.” he said answering her question. ”Lived in Boston for a while, then New York. But I was born in Falmouth, England. Spent my early years there before mum got sent to Berlin. When dad got a coaching job in America and we went there and well, then I got accepted to Ilvermorny, so we just sorta stayed…” He trailed off, realizing he was rambling as the shoes were put on the counter. ”What about you?”

He grabbed his shoes, handed Anna hers, and then dug into his pocket to pay for the lane and the shoes. Guys paid on dates like this right? Man, he should have flooed his dad and asked. Or Uncle Hawk; Uncle Hawken always had good advice. It was too late now, so pay he did. ”Lane 9 look good to you?” he asked turning to see what was open.
At first Anna laughed at the time it took for him to get what she meant, but then she laughed again at his response. She missed his blushing completely thanks to her lack of observational skills, but she was still amused by his next comment. "Yeah, me too!" She chuckled. She was glad to be herself now that her life finally took a turn in the direction she wanted. In fact, one of the things that put her back in her good mood was the recent turn of events - PRO QUIDDITCH, MATE!!! Was she grinning a lot? That was probably it.

"Size five for me." She told the person behind the counter before glancing at Kalen with an amused half-smile. HALF his shoe size, blimey. Indeed, she was way too giddy about the Quidditch thing, that was probably why everything was amusing her to no end.

As they waited for the shoes, Anna continued to lean on the counter but kept looking at Kalen when he spoke about himself. Oh, goodie, a talker! She wouldn't have to work hard to get him to engage, that made her life easier. 'New England' didn't mean anything to her, to be honest, but once he started being a bit more specific she nodded along. At least she had heard of those places, so she wasn't completely ignorant about his area. When he mentioned where he had been born, though, her eyebrows shot right up. She was about to say something but he carried on talking, so she listened with genuine curiosity, nodding and 'oh!?' and 'uhu'-ing at key parts of his speech.

What about her!? "Wait, no, I have questions!" She chuckled, holding a hand up to stop him from changing topics so quickly. "But okay, I'm pretty boring compared to that. Born and bred in London, went up to Scotland when started at Hogwarts, of course, but now I'm in the West of England since joining the Tutshill Tornados!" She quickly finished with a bright grin because okay, joining a pro Quidditch team was actually not boring AT ALL, it was SUPER exciting and she was SUPER happy, but she still had questions about him and his story.

Getting her shoes, she thanked the counter person and glanced towards whatever lane he was talking about. "Yeah, sure!" She said, moving that way while untying the laces of her bowling shoes. "Falmouth, though! You know, my nemesis plays for the Falcons." She told him before laughing out loud. "And ironically, my brother's nemesis also plays for them. Huh." She added as if thinking out loud. She had never thought it it that way. Hah, that was hilarious! But enough about 'nemesis' - lol. "So your father is a coach??" Anna asked, looking at him curiously. Please elaborate, mister!

She didn't know much about Ilvermorny - only that Hogwarts was obviously better than it, teehee -, so she didn't have any comments or questions about that for now.

Sitting down, she took her own shoes off and started putting the bowling ones on.

Maybe you'll dance, scour the buffet, or end up gossiping talking amongst yourselves!
You're happy to go with the flow and see where the Yule Ball takes you!