View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 05:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: hjhm
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjhm View Post
The vibe given out by most of the people in this room is not fun at all. Is this a Slytherin thing? S I G H. Let's just get over this. It also didn't go unnoticed to her when someone-- well not just someone, their head of the house's son spitted. D I S G U S T I N G. Ewwww. Jillian is not going anywhere near that area now, thank you very much. She's not going to participate in any of the 'dilemma' or whatever that is. Besides Curtis' dad is giving him the time out for acting like a child.

Anyway...
Peace of mind.

Jillian immediately turned her stoic face into a smile when the first year came to help her with the cleaning. That's better, she needs all the help she can get from anyone who is willing. "Hi there. Isla, right?" from the opening feast. She remembers the little one getting all hyped up in becoming a Slytherin. Awesome. She needs that kind of spirit around her. She handed her a damped washcloth for her to use. "Are you familiar with any spells?" specifically the cleaning charm? She could be that kid you know- that read her books in advance to be well prepared for the semester. They're allowed to use any method of cleaning after all. "But if you're not familiar with spells, we can clean the tables and the shelves with washcloth" either way is fine.

DING. Another smile formed on her lips when Professor Fuller-Thompson mentioned cookies. YAAAAY. That would go great with milk or tea.... or both, milk tea.

"Mmhmm," Isla said with a nod. She was still kind of distracted with what was going on between that one boy (Curtis) and their Head of House. Isla didn't know much about Fuller, but he seemed pretty strict about rules and stuff. He was pretty much letting Curtis have it for giving an attitude. She refocused her attention on cleaning when Jillian promptly handed her a washrag. Did she know any spells? "Umm, kind of?" she said, sounding really unsure of herself. "I mean, I grew up in a magical family, so I've seen plenty of spells. I've just never used them myself."

"Scourgify, right?" she asked. "I should probably stick with a washcloth for now. If I accidentally blow up this table or something, I might be next on Fuller's ear-pulling list." Again, being a firstie, she had no clue that Curtis was Fuller's son. Had she, she might have looked at the situation much differently. On that note, she plopped the washrag on the nearest table and started scrubbing away.

She'd heard the offer for cookies, but she'd literally just eaten at the feast. After the ride to Hogwarts and a full stomach, she just wanted her bed and nothing else. What was that the headmaster had said about classes? 8 AM? Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezley View Post
With a little pop Beezley was in the common room looking at all the students. Her big ears back and a rag in her hand. "So sorry studenties and master that the castle is still a messy. Beezley tried to get it cleaned, Beezley wanted it cleaned before now, but there was so much Beezley couldn't get to." She wanted to help though so she started to dust a table near her with her dirty rag.
With a little pop, a house elf appeared, and for some reason, Isla found herself mesmerized with seeing one in person. Sure, she was pureblood, and sure, she was raised in a magical family. They'd never had a house elf, though. Suddenly, Isla felt really bad for complaining about all the work she had to do, even if all of it had been silent complaining.

"It's okay! Really!" she tried to assure the elf. Everybody needs a break now and then. Even house elves. "We're all pitching in together, and we'll get it done." They weren't all pitching in, but at the same time, Isla could understand why somebody would be in a bad mood right about now. It'd probably be even worse at 8 AM. "I'm Isla Bellchant," she told the elf.

Last edited by Anna Banana; 01-08-2020 at 05:32 AM.