View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 07:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
feeheeheeny

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
Default for schmoeee
be curious, not judgmental

The entire state of the castle was... disconcerting, to say the least, and Teddy had tried to be super polite and not rock the boat and not question authority. That wasn't in his nature, but now, standing in what was THE Ravenclaw common room where significant role models in his life had grown up and shared memories... and seeing it... in such disarray... and what was presently being asked of them...

Teddy was confused.

Leaving Tavie's side for the first time since the feast, the twelve-year-old timidly crossed over to stand beside Schmoe, not saying anything until the man made eye contact. "Hello, sir?" He meant for it to come out as a greeting, but it became a question as he lowered his voice, beckoning with a hand for the professor to lean a little closer so he wouldn't have to speak so loudly to keep everyone from overhearing.

"I was wondering - sorry, err, congratulations on the new position, we're lucky to have you -" What sounded like an afterthought was genuine, although the contortion of Teddy's face played no role in conveying that. "I know that you're, err, the Muggle Studies professor and all, but couldn't this... maybe be an opportunity to introduce the first years to the wonders of magic? I mean -" He gestured toward the rubbish bins and cleaning products. "This could be a teachable moment, right? Teach a few cleaning spells? It could be, erm, a... group bonding kind of thing, Ravenclaws love to learn and teach others what they already know, and maybe it could be more fun for us all to sort of paint it as that kind of activity. That's in our nature."

Teddy didn't know Schmoe's prior experiences with Ravenclaws and how much he really understood them, but he had the purest intentions of helping him make a good first impression with his new title, truly.