View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 01:19 PM

Default Astronomy I: Total Eclipse of the Sun (Solar Eclipses)

How many of you have been to the observatory in the morning? Well, that's about to change, since today's seminar lesson is set at 7:30 in the morning. To top it all off, it also happens to be a Saturday. How cruel, that the first seminar lesson of the term is forcing you to wake up early on your first weekend back at school.

But if Professor Sandhu, who is basically nocturnal, can wake up or did she just decide to pull an all-nighter just to make sure she didn't sleep through her the day in time for this field trip, so can you.

Hopefully, you've brought your permission slips, which were enclosed with your book lists or you'll have to be left behind. And we really don't want that.

Text Cut: Permission Slip!

ASTRONOMY FIELD TRIP

On Saturday, the 4th of September, 2100, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry will be organising a field trip to the Addis Ababa University's observatory. The day will begin at 07:00 and end at 12:00 with lunch before returning to Hogwarts.

Name:
House:
Year:

Any Disabilities/Allergies:

I hereby absolve the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry of any unfortunate effects that arise from my own my refusal to employ common sense and follow the instructions I am given.

Signature:

Signature of Parent/Legal Guardian:

Professor Sandhu is at her usual perch on her desk, a Santa-Bag containing bulky-looking objects slung absently across her shoulder as she waits.

OOC: Welcome, everyone, to your first Astronomy lesson of the term! This is also IC the first astro lesson of term. Feel free to post your arrivals. We'll begin in approximately 24 hours. Please no longer post arrivals if you wish to avoid IC consequences! Class has begun!

LESSON PROGRESSION:

Question 1: What can you tell me about the sun?
Question 2: What do we know about when the Sun, Moon and Earth align?
Mini-Activity 1: We're off to Addis Ababa, kids!