View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 06:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Chloe clapped her hands over her mouth and griiiiiiinned behind her folded fingers. The man was probably trying to be a curmudgeon, but he only came across as so very very funny to her. She had the sense not to laugh out loud, although her eyes were creased in amusement. After she had enough time to contain herself, Chloe dropped her hands and gave him only a polite smile.

"I'm sorry. That was terribly rude of me. You don't need medical advice from a stranger." She reached out and touched the cage of the pygmy owl with her fingertips. Cute little things, weren't they? "I'm not sure I can afford an owl that can handle longer distances right now. Makes more sense to save up and buy something useful, right? Not something just because it's cute and I'm here."
William staunchly ignored the girl who was presumably laughing at him. Why didn't anyone take him seriously? This was the story of his life, honestly. It had been true when he'd worked at Hogwarts, at the Ministry, heck, even around his old cruppy, Jack, who had never listened to any of his commands.

RIP to Jack.

Now the girl was smiling at him but all he could think of was his old crup, who'd once been his adorable cruppy, laying sadly on his side in his basket, having passed in his sleep. Sweet crup. It brought a tear to his eye to think of him, even though he'd passed a year ago. William cleared his throat and waved her, and his sudden sadness, away with his ugly, scarred hand. "It's fine." Maybe he should get a new pet, besides a dragon? A year was a long time to go without a companion. He eyed her owl. "I mean, any owl is useful." Had he been too harsh? "Depends where you want it go. What's wrong with useful AND cute, I say?"

If only he'd been useful and cute with his life, he wouldn't be here on a Thursday, shopping alone for owl pellets. Oh look! A toy. What a welcome distraction. Did owls really need toys? William picked up the mouse anyway and squeaked it at the pygmy owl, to see if it would react.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind