Thread: Slytherin Table
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 05:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
“Good evening, everyone. Welcome back! For our new students, welcome to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I imagine I speak for everyone when I say it’s good to be back. Just a few things before we enjoy the sumptuous feast the elves have prepared.” Because there were always things to be discussed. “The castle is...in a state. You’ll all more or less get a good eyeful by the time you get back to your common rooms for the night. It’s nothing to be alarmed over and is to be expected with the castle having been essentially abandoned for the year. What it means for us all is that we’ll be doing our fair share of cleaning to help the elves right this place once more. No groans, it’s not up for debate.” And honestly wasn’t worth it. It was just a bit of cleaning up. Not like sharing a castle with the French. Surely they would see it wasn’t as big a deal.

“We have a few new members joining staff. From right to left, Professor De Nostredame will be your Care of Magical Creatures Professor. He’s not entirely new to many of you, but new to Hogwarts so let’s make him feel welcomed. Professor Recard will be your History of Magic Professor and Healer. Should you find yourself in need of bandaging after an il advised stunt, you can find her in the Hospital Wing—let’s keep that to a minimum though, hmm?” Merlin knew there would be other things to contend with. It was Hogwarts, there was always something. Professor Rainwater will instruct you in Herbology and Professor Eris will double as Transfiguration Professor and Librarian.” He thought he was done with that portion of things until he remembered. “Oh! I’m not entirely sure how to say this but Professor Schmoe will take over the role of Ravenclaw Head of House. Good luck, Ravenclaw. Take good care of him.” The man wasn’t incompetent, just...unorthodox and in need of guidance sometimes on things that should’ve been obvious. He’d be fine. They’d be fine.

“Now before I end this speech, I have a few things to keep in mind. There’s a forest on the edge of the school grounds. Most of you know it, the new among you don’t. In our time away from this castle, the title and its implication has not changed. The Forbidden Forest is still quite forbidden. Find yourself in there and if you aren’t subsequently eaten, you will wish you were. Classes begin promptly tomorrow morning at 8. I don’t recommend any of you staying up too late, being tardy is not acceptable. Now then, let’s eat!”

With a clap of his hands, the tables became well stocked with the most succulent of meals; a true feast. Malachi sank back into his seat, ready to enjoy.
THE SPEECH!

It was the moment Isla had been waiting for! Not to be dramatic or anything, but the speech meant that the food was about to be served, and Isla was beyond starved by this point. Even still, she listened to the speech. She had no idea what to expect at her new school. As a matter of fact, she didn't even know the man's name that was giving the speech. All of that would come in time, but the important part she took away from the speech was that they'd have to clean the castle.

Okay... The house elves couldn't have whipped things into shape? She felt kind of mean for thinking that, but what else did they have to do just hanging around the castle day after day? He said it wasn't up for debate, though, so she decided to let it be. No way was she brave enough to go around complaining on day one at Hogwarts. She'd save that kind of thing for day two.

At least she was learning some of the names of her professors. The new ones, at least. The Herbology professor's last name was Rainwater? Well, if that wasn't a job position destined from birth, she didn't know what was! Well played, sir. Well played. As for the Forbidden Forest, he could be rest assured that Isla wouldn't be making her way into that. She didn't even know how to cast light from her wand yet, let alone save herself from being eaten. Thanks, but no thanks.

At the sound of a clap, the tables filled with food, and the first year began filling her plate with a little bit of this, and a little bit of that.

Last edited by Anna Banana; 01-04-2020 at 02:24 PM.