View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 02:33 AM   #23 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Merlin's beard! The owls were talking now! William nearly jumped out of his skin as he reached for a bag of owl pellets, and in fact banged the burned hand against a shelf.

"Son of a banshee!" he swore not-so-quietly, shaking his hand out now as it stung from the impact with the shelf. Boggarts! Which owl in here was talking now, huh? He glanced down and held hands with himself, as though massaging his stinging knuckles would make them feel better.

Oh. It wasn't an owl after all. It was a h00man. A girl. A young thing, who apparently knew stuff about murtlaps. "No kidding, huh," he responded, just a little grouchy because she'd spooked him. "I mean, yeah. I have some murtlap essence.... at home." He used to carry some with him at all times, but hadn't needed it lately. "These are old burns anyway. They only sting when you hit your hand on something."

He tried to give the girl a smile, but was aware that it came off like a grimace. Wounded hand and all that. "Buying an owl? Pygmies can't travel as far as bigger ones, you know." She probably did know that. Who was he kidding? He wasn't that useful anymore.
Chloe clapped her hands over her mouth and griiiiiiinned behind her folded fingers. The man was probably trying to be a curmudgeon, but he only came across as so very very funny to her. She had the sense not to laugh out loud, although her eyes were creased in amusement. After she had enough time to contain herself, Chloe dropped her hands and gave him only a polite smile.

"I'm sorry. That was terribly rude of me. You don't need medical advice from a stranger." She reached out and touched the cage of the pygmy owl with her fingertips. Cute little things, weren't they? "I'm not sure I can afford an owl that can handle longer distances right now. Makes more sense to save up and buy something useful, right? Not something just because it's cute and I'm here."

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest