View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 12:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

If Gunnar noticed the way his sister's eyes narrowed at him, he did not acknowledge that at all. He knew she was good friends with Ewan and probably did not care for the way he put him in his place, but that's the way it was. His tone might have been firm, but it was calm and wasn't sharp as far as he was concerned. The fact of the matter was that he was in charge and the prefects needed to know that. Otherwise he would have difficulty keeping control and the whole system would be in danger of falling apart. Nope, he would not have that. He needed order.

And that was partly why he ignored the female Ravenclaw prefect in favor of keeping his attention on Chloe. Again, he would start the meeting when he was good and ready and not at the prompting of someone who had been a prefect for all of five minutes. Which by the way, was pretty much all of them. But truth be told, he actually appreciated it when someone could take his attitude with a grain of salt and return the banter without getting offended. Not that he would admit that to her anytime soon.

Okay, so Chloe's bag wasn't with the collective McCarthy's things in the luggage compartment, and even if she did find Morgan, he doubted that it was with him. "Alright, well... I'll help you look for it later, if you don't find it. But I will keep my eye out for it." He gave her a reassuring smile and lifted his hand in a casual sort of wave as she turned to leave. "Or try mirroring Mum. She might be home and can tell you if she has it." Which might save them some time. Unless her mirror was in her purple bag, then she'd have to wait for Gunnar to be done in here since his was in his trunk and he had protective charms on his things to keep people out.

"See you later, Chloe." Once his sister was gone, Gunnar stretched and then got up to close the door before facing all of the prefects. The meeting could officially start now.

"Welcome, everyone, and congratulations!" he began giving the prefect team an assertive smile. "Most of our team this term is made up of brand new prefects, and it's only natural that you might have questions or be unsure about something, but that's okay. I want you all to remember this - your Heads of House chose you because they thought you were a capable leader and a good peer advocate for your housemates. So even if you may have some self-doubt about being chosen as a prefect, remember that they saw those qualities in you." He never had that self-doubt, knowing that he was a strong candidate for prefect, but he knew some people did.

"Being a prefect is a privilege and it definitely has its perks, but it also comes with its share of responsibilities. Remember that it's important to uphold the rules and making sure students are following them, though it's really not necessary to police them." There was sometimes a fine line there. "And remember, we're not above the rules either." Looking at you, Miss Renaldi.

"But as it's my last year here, I'm really looking forward to a great term," he added with a grin. "If you ever have any questions or just need some advice, I'm here for you as your Head Boy. I know you're all going to do a fantastic job." Well. He expected it, really. "You should all get your first patrol schedules tomorrow along with your class schedules, and don't worry. We'll have regular meetings." Since some of them seemed so focused on that. What else...?

"As for the train patrols, we'll take turns in groups of two. The Ravenclaw prefects can take the first shift, since they're so eager." He gave them a wry smile before returning to his seat. He'd hang out for a little bit if they had any questions or anything.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line