Thread: Front Cars
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 01:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

SPOILER!!: Rat Party <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

Drifting towards the conversation, Ronan frowned. This guy lost five rats? "Hey, mate," Ronan called out as he joined this.. merry group? of people. "Finding rats is hard, have some older student try and summon them for you maybe? I got some rat treats if you want to try laying those out but I don't think they'll help." The fourth year nodded to greet everyone else, recognising the Ravenclaw from the year below him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post
Avalon couldn't help but giggle at Cole's frantic response to her offer. "I was just joking, Vance, lighten up!" she said with a smile. She couldn't imagine receiving five rats as a surprise pet. Talk about a disappointment, especially if you were expecting a kneazle. "I can go see if anyone's spotted them. And don't worry, I'll keep the beast constrained." Patting Shadow on the head, she gave the familiar fourth-year Hufflepuff a friendly wave before disappearing down the train hallway. Trying to track down a bunch of random rats wasn't quite how she expected to spend her journey on the Hogwarts Express, but figuring that she didn't have anything better to do, she decided she'd help Cole out. Besides, she couldn't find any of her friends yet. Perhaps they had found seats in the back of the train.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
He looked over to the boy that had lost all his rats and gave him a sincere look. "Don't worry. Moody won't eat any of your rats. He's on a strict rat-free diet. And I'll keep an eye on him while we look around, just in case." Oh, by the way, he was totally joining the hunt.

Another person's voice then sounded, and Asher looked at the boy who had all the advice in awe. "You can summon rats? How do you do it?" Needless to say, he had never seen anyone summon animals before. But, more important, he didn't know any spells, so this was the perfect opportunity to learn one before stepping inside Hogwarts' walls.

"Scattering rat treats around sounds like a good idea. It's better than nothing if you ask me. ... Oh. Is there anywhere on the train a good amount of food can be found? Maybe they wanted a snack. I know I could go for a snack right about now. We could start looking there."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Isla didn't think she'd been loud enough for anybody outside their little rat party to hear, but she nodded her head anyway. She could understand how worried Cole was. At least, she could only imagine. Her own pet owl was tucked safely away (she hoped), so she didn't have to worry about any of her own runaway creatures. "I'm Isla Bellchant," she said. She would have followed that up with an 'It's nice to meet you' line, but she doubted Cole was up for that sort of thing right now. She pushed herself away from her seat and joined the group crowded by the window.

"There's the food trolley," Isla said, replying to Asher's question. "I don't know if Cole's rats are the jelly slug type, but who knows? I've heard some rats will eat anything." Although scattering food around the train might attract every creepy, crawly thing hiding around here. This whole thing just got weirder by the second.

With an open compartment door it was bound to draw more people over so it was no surprise to Cole when a slightly younger boy joined in with some good ideas. Turning to face the boy he thought was a badger and called Ronan, but in a younger year than him he said kindly. "Trying to summon the rats won't work I haven't even named them yet and i don't want the whole expresses rats to come in here." It'd be a little too interesting for Cole's taste. "Thanks for the idea though,! Feeling around in his jeans pocket, realizing that he hadn't brought any treats with him he looked over at the boy again. "Can I please try laying out your rat treats even if it's not guaranteed to work?" Why did he have rat treats in his pockets though? Did Ronan have a rat?

Turning to Avalon he felt bad for having bursted out earlier so he said quitley. "I'm sorry Avalon, I didn't mean to burst out like that at you. I'm just a bit stressed about these rats." Which Cole really didn't expect to get, when he had wanted something else entirely. "Thanks for asking around!" he called after Avalon and her cat as they dissapeared down the train corridor. Cole had turned back to looking out the window when Asher said something odd that caught his attention. Turning to the younger unsorted boy he repeated a little confused "Your cat doesn't eat rats? How have you managed that?" It was worth asking since it was practically in every cats dna to hunt and eat rats.

Isla who had introduced herself earlier chimed in before Cole could mentioning the food trolly. Shrugging his shoulders he said "Sure we can go look if any of my new rats are munching on bertie beans and jelly slugs by the Trolly Lady. It's worth a shot. It's better than not doing anything." Sitting idle had never been his fortee. He prefered taking action in some way. Straightening up looked around at Asher, Ronan and Isla "So who's coming with me? We can lay out Ronan's rat treats on the way."