Thread: Outdoor Seating
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 03:47 AM   #119 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: Zoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
He watched as she finished off the ice cream, which only reminded him that he needed to make a decision on which flavour he was going to get. He would not be returning to his mum and brother without having a celebratory I-have-a-wand treat first. "I think it'd be more fun if it weren't chopped up, to be honest," he shrugged. "What's you opinion on Butterbeer, Cockroach Cluster, and Jelly Slug? I'm thinking 'bout getting one of those. Or maybe one scoop of each. All I know is to avoid the Bertie Bott's flavour. My brother tricked me into swapping with him once... not the best choice I've made."

A look of disappointment appeared on Asher's face when Isla stated that she didn't know any spells. But the look was very brief and it quickly disappeared when she said that she was going to be a first year at Hogwarts. "Shoot. Well, I don't know any either," the boy replied quietly before moving on to the next subject with more enthusiasm.

"The first wand I tried made a loud noise too. But the shopkeeper dude didn't seem to mind. He just went and got a different wand, which started shooting out colourful sparks like rainbows when I gave it a wave. ... And, yes! I don't even know how they do it, but they can!"

Then a random question popped into his head: "What House are you hoping for? I'm going to be a Hufflepuff like most my family."

Isla. The girl's name was Isla. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Isla." He extended his hand, though he wasn't quite sure whether to give a handshake, a high-five, or a fist bump.

"You're probably right about that," she said. "You sound like my kind of person." If he was going to Hogwarts, too, she could see herself wanting to be friends with him. She thought about his question for a minute, making a slight face at the mention of cockroach cluster. "I'd go with one scoop of butterbeer and one scoop of jelly slug. Cockroach cluster sounds disgusting." An expression of amusement and surprise spread across her face when he mentioned the Bertie Bott's ice cream. "Whoa! What flavor was it?"

"I've seen my mom and dad cast spells loads of times," she said, revealing that she was a pureblood. "So I kind of know about them, but I've never cast one myself." Thanks but no thanks to getting into trouble with the Ministry of Magic. "What kind of spells do you want to learn at Hogwarts?" He was a Hogwarts student, right? "I want to learn how to summon things to me and how to change a quill into a rhino!" That was a possibility, right?

"I haven't really figured out the house I'm hoping for, but I think I'll be a Gryffindor!" she said with enthusiasm. "I don't want to be a Slytherin. I'm not much of a bad guy." She clearly had some things mixed up when it came to the houses. "Well, I hope you get into Hufflepuff," she added, and then she met his hand with a handshake of her own, except her hand had dripped ice cream all over it.