Thread: Front Cars
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 11:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default Yay for an rp rat party!
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

SPOILER!!: Everybody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
That was what the door to the compartment opened, and some boy looked inside. Blink. "You lost a whole colony of rats on the train?" she asked. When she had had time to let that sink in, she added, "Cool!" to the end of her statement. "I mean, not cool for you, obviously. I can help you look for them if you want?" Tracking down a colony of rats would certainly make the train ride more interesting!

"How many are we talking about here?" she asked. There could be a lot of rats in a colony, but at least he'd said it was a small colony. This was going to get pretty interesting, especially if there were people on the train who weren't exactly the rodent type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post
Just before she committed herself to plopping down in an empty compartment, she overheard pieces of a conversation a few doors in front of her. "Missing rats, do I hear?" she called down the train corridor. It seemed like at least once every train ride, a student lost their pet.

"I could always try setting Shadow loose. But there's no guarantee she'll bring them back alive," Avalon quipped with a smirk, gesturing to the fluffy black cat tucked under her left arm. She made her way over to the two students. "How'd you manage to lose a whole colony of rats?" she asked the boy curiously. Or maybe he didn't actually lose the rats. Avalon had just overheard the younger girl saying so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Today was the day! He was FINALLY on the train to Hogwarts! Asher was in full hyper mode right now, so much so that his leashed one-eyed cat was more or less being dragged behind him.

"C'mon, Moody, we gotta hurry and get a seat! Maybe we'll find Kenny and sit with him and his friends."

He had no clue where his brother was, but he figured the front of the train was a good place to start looking. One by one, the boy poked his head in the compartment windows and found himself walking down the corridor bit by bit. Empty, empty, full, occupied, empty, empty... While chubby Moody was not feeling all the walking that was going on or the idea of a train ride in general, the boy was determined to find his older brother or at least someone he knew so he wasn't spending the entire train ride alone.

Moody then suddenly started to pick up the pace and was now walking ahead of his owner. Little did Asher know that the part-kneazle had overheard the word 'rats' and was interested in knowing that that was all about. "Whoa! Easy there, boy!"

Glancing up where his cat was heading, he noticed those standing in the corridor outside one of the compartments. Were they having a party or something? "Hi! What's going on here?" Oh, look! That girl had a cat! Maybe they could set up a play date or something!

He then peeked inside the compartment and saw someone that looked familiar. "Hiiiiiiii, Isla!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Someone else was getting involved, and apparently this person had a cat she was going to let loose on the train to help find the missing rats. This kept getting more and more interesting! "Letting your cat loose on the train to chase down the rats sounds fun, but I don't think he wants the rats dead," Isla said with a laugh. She wasn't laughing at dead rats. She was just making their conversation light-hearted. "Oh, yeah, how did the rats get loose anyway?" she repeated. She hadn't even thought to wonder about that part of things.

It wasn't long before another person joined them, and oddly enough it was somebody Isla actually knew. And he remembered her! "Hey, Asher!" she said. Yes, she remembered him, too. "A whole colony of rats got loose on the train! We were just about to try and find them, when she offered to let her cat loose to go chase them down!" she excitedly said. She had gestured from person to person as she explained things, so hopefully Asher had followed along.

So on THAT note, what was the plan? She turned back to the boy who'd lost the rats in the first place, waiting for him to chime in. Either way, it was showtime on the train!

Putting up a finger at the girl Cole said "Shhh! Not so loud, I don't want to alert the whole train of my predicament. I'm Cole by the way and you are?" Walking further inside the girl's apartment, he let his eyes wander, searching high and low for any sign of something small brown and furry. This was a nightmare...This train ride was supposed to be uneventful. Not like this. So in his own thought's Cole hadn't heard the cool comment or he'd probably have said something slightly irritated back. However he did hear the girls offer to help and he said with a weak smile playing over his lips to her. "Yes please and, thank you. 4 eyes are a lot better than 2 eyes when looking for quick footed magical rats."

"We're taking about 5 magical rats in total, so not a big colony at all. My uncle isn't exactly ontop of knowing the school rules." Or any rules for that matter. Cole was so upset and angry at him. This was a mess. Before he knew what happened Avalon stuck her head in the door offering to set her cat loose to track them down. Face whitening at the prospect he shook his head vigorously as he eased down on one of the empty comparment seats trying to breath. ”No Avalon! Keep your cat in check. I don't want my new rats killed.” Cole said with a frightened look over at the eagle girl.

Concentrating on something other than the image of dead rats he mumbled out an explanation as he stared out the compartment window to the girls. "I lost my rats because firstly i didn't know i had them. My uncle bought me a new pet, but didn't let me see what it was since it was supposed to be a SURPRISE. He just gave me a draped over creature cage with a time lock spell on the door. When the cage door eventually opened in one of the front compartments i was expecting a kneazle not 5 rats. I got pretty shocked as you can imagine and in my dazed state they disspeared out the door." It was the truth. Before Cole could do or say anything another student, a boy this time peeked in with another cat at his heels. Lovely. This just got better and better. Standing up again Cole asked as he looked around "Can you guys help me ask around in the other compartments for a sign of my rats? I really want to find them before they become cat food?” Avalon and Ashers cat's had made it very clear that rats would be yummy to feast on.