Thread: Outdoor Seating
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 02:17 AM   #112 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: Zoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Did Asher know that he had startled the girl that seemed to be around his age? Nope! He was too excited about his brand spanking new wand, and he also was a bit preoccupied with all the possible ice cream choices to really realize what he was doing -- i.e., walking right up to someone he didn't know without introducing himself, pointing a wand at them (well, their ice cream), and just inserting himself into someone's space without invitation. Thankfully the girl he was talking to didn't seem to mind all that much. Did that mean they were friends?

"Chocolate frog?" he repeated, mentally adding that to the possible list of flavour options he'd choose from. "Definitely a classic!" And it must've been extra good today since most of her's was gone. If he actually knew her better, he might've asked for a quick sample.

But all ice cream thoughts were momentarily put on hold the instant she revealed her wand. "Whoa! That's cool! Do you know any spells? Have you tried casting any yet?" He had all the questions ready to pour from this mouth, and he hoped she had answers. Maybe she knew that one spell his brother had mentioned to him.

"Mine's got Clabbert tooth in it!" Asher exclaimed, certain that the core was pretty unique since he didn't know anyone that had Clabbert in their wand. Speaking of his wand, the girl's mention of the sparks made him actually look down at it and whatever it was doing. "Oh! Oops! It was doing this at the wand shop earlier. The thing has a mind of its own."

He at least knew how to stop the sparks, which he did by just pointing his wand downward and then stuffed it into his pocket a bit. "I'm Asher by the way. Asher Fawley." Since he just remembered manners and everything.

Isla nodded, and then she took a moment to eat the last delicious bite of her ice cream before finishing it off for good. She wiped her hands then turned back to the boy. "Chocolate frog is so good! It's got little pieces of actual chocolate frog mixed in it, too," she explained. "You don't have to worry about this chocolate frog hopping away from you either." I mean, it was chopped up into teeny, tiny pieces after all.

Her eyes turned back to her wand, and she smiled widely as he looked at it. "Nope, none at all! But I'm going to be a first year at Hogwarts, so I'm hoping to learn a few soon," she said, answering his question about her knowing any spells. "I haven't tried any spells yet, but I caused a few sparks with this one at the shop, and the first one I tried caused a loud KABOOM! Nothing blew up, though." Her eyes widened in disbelief. "A clabbert tooth?! They can put those things in there?!" That was kind of cool, but she doubted the clabbert felt the same way. Unless...it was dead when its tooth was taken. Yikes.

She laughed at the sparks that came out his wand. "It's okay, so as long as you don't catch my hair on fire or something," she said. "I'm Isla Bellchant!"