View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 02:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
SPOILER!!: lol sorry

It’s not like having a title would make much of a difference. It was quite likely that Eloise still wouldn’t listen. Karlin would likely laugh and Céline would never take her seriously. And having to do late night rounds would take away from time that could be spent practicing for Astronomy exams. Being a prefect was obviously the last thing Nina wanted to be. Obviously!!!!

And for the record, that judgy scowl she wore was just her resting face and had nothing to do with the absolute shock and confusion that manifested in her head when she saw the badge pinned to Carsyn’s robes. Actually, Nina practiced a lot of self restraint. For example, in this moment none of her thoughts were positive ones and yet she wore a very pleasant smile to greet the girl.

But only because Nina Castillo would not be bested.

......... Her smile faltered for only a moment before she replaced it with an even sweeter one. ”No thank you, I’m waiting for Calyx. My boyfriend.” Which.... wasn’t entirely a lie. She did plan to meet with him... eventually.

Fortunately, the tension was.... somewhat interrupted when a third person joined their party. Nina turned with interest and mild jealousy to see... Ewan? EWAN? Ewan over Nina???? He was an.... interesting pick. Personally, she would have never chosen him, he wasn’t entirely remarkable. Far less ambitious and academically motivated than she was. He was cute though and friendly enough, so Nina gave him a small smile. ”Mine was incredible, how was yours, Ewan?” She didn’t even look over at Carsyn, entirely skipping the girl’s turn to answer because Nina was still very annoyed. And jealous.

..... But the exchange itself wasn’t entirely unpleasant UNTIL he called them flobberworms!! That’s when Nina’s disgust ultimately made it onto her face. Ew! Gross! But because she was far more mature than he was, obviously, she didn’t call him names in response. So grown up. Nina deserved to be a prefect, honestly. Not thAT SHE WANTED TO BE ONE!!!! ”Oh no thank you, I just told Carsyn that I’m here to meet someone.” The front of the train was a perfectly reasonable place to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Did she have to go and rub in the fact that Calyx was her boyfriend? Who was Carsyn kidding actually, because this was Nina so probably yes. Mostly because it was one of the few things that Nina had that she didn't. THANK GOODNESS though for the arrival of a third person - Ewan? Not her co-prefect, but a prefect which from the looks of things, more than Nina could say about herself. Except, did he have to go and call them a bunch of flobberworms? Surely they deserved to be equated to something smarter than that like a ... a ... bowtruckle.

"Great summer, yes, thank you. Full of surprises." Carsyn carefully enunciated even though she was talking to Ewan, to make sure that Nina heard because that scowl said enough. "Yea, I'll be in there in a moment. Just waiting on my sister." Mmhm, it sounded believable at least. Where was Carys anyway? It was hardly believable that they really came from the same location when she had made it onto train first. Giving Nina a look, she shook her head, "You mean no thank you because you didn't get a badge." Just pointing out the obvious here, because if she had gotten one, Carsyn was ninety percent certain that Nina was the sort who would already be wearing it, as she was.
Oh, maybe everything wasn’t all rosy and cheerful outside the prefect’s compartment after all…Despite the fact he’d aced basically all of his O.W.L’s, Ewan really wasn’t the best at reading a room so the fact that he actually noticed that something wasn’t quite right must have meant that something must have happened between these two. Watching the two girls for a moment, his head going back and forth as if he were watching a tennis match, he couldn’t help but notice their friendly faces. What was it with girls and having to always win? Part of him really wanted to blurt out that the front of the train wasn’t the best place to meet someone but what did he know, maybe Calyx was a prefect too? “Nice! Mine was pretty good too actually. I mean, I did better than expected on my O.W. L’s so I can’t really complain” Maybe some exam talk would help distract them? He didn’t really fancy having to whip his wand out on his first official day as a prefect to separate two other prefects another prefect from someone else.

“Surprises? All good I hope?” his face full of nothing but concern and a little polite curiosity now as he wondered if anything this summer had happened between these two? His eyes briefly going to the door, half expecting Carys to walk through at any moment. That was until Carsyn just demolished Nina with what could only be described as a burn that would need some medical attention from the Hogwarts nurse. Taking a step back from the door towards the two girls now just in case he needed to get in the middle of them, he replied “Oh, you’re not a prefect Nina?” his eyes actually looking for the badge for the first time now, Duh, she wasn’t wearing one silly so of course she wasn’t a prefect. “Don’t worry, I don’t think you’re going to miss much. You’re more than welcome to patrol the corridors instead of me though if you want?” laughing a little now in an attempt to break the ice and most likely failing but he had to try.