Thread: Seating Area
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 08:21 PM   #39 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Zita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Listening to him talk she tried to focus through the headache she was feeling, but something in his words made her look up, "You have been here all night?" Why would he work all night? People actually did that? She had been there pretty much all night too, but she wasn't going to tell him that. No need to get into what all went down that made her be in this spot this morning.

"No, nothings wrong, just was with a friend this morning and they had to head to work so I thought I'd grab a coffee while I was here." Why did she feel the need to lie to him, maybe because she really didn't want to have to explain herself and she figured he would think less of her if he knew what she had been up to in the months since the event. She had thought she was a different person, but one evening, one person back in her life and she was back to old Zita.

"I couldn't possibly take your food. I'm alright, I'll be headed out soon anyway and grab something once I get back home. You need to eat and celebrate getting out of that crazy level of yours."

”I did,” he nodded as he attempted to open his bottle of pumpkin juice. Only he had a bit of a problem with the quality control seal wrapper. Adam wasn’t surprised that she didn’t realize he sometimes worked overnight. Most people didn’t know it was a requirement, at least for some of the potions he was asked to brew. ” Ze potion I vas vorkingkt on? It reqfires ze right star chart undt moon phase to brew. Last night Chupiter began its retrograde undt it vas a new moon. Does not happen much so I took adfantage.” He was still having problems with the wrapper and his bottom lip jutted out a little in frustration.

He gave up with the bottle and pushed it away upon hearing that she had been out all night with a friend. A feeling spiked in his chest that he didn’t like feeling. He was about to ask if it was James, but then remembered the peacock was a model and the Ministry didn’t have much use for them. Instead he said, ”I did not know vou knew many people vho vorked here.” His words came out a bit more bitter sounding then he had intended, but at least he had been able to stop himself from adding that he thought she didn’t like setting one foot inside of this Ministry, but maybe she only hated the things regarding the ministry that had to do with him.

She was being weirdly nice and perhaps a bit evasive and it was making Adam feel uncomfortable. ”Eat,” he said again, although there was no heat behind his words. He nudgied the half of the sandwich towards her again. ”I more vanted to stretch mein legs zen eat,” he lied, although his appetite had left him some after spotting Zita.