Thread: Accidents & Catastrophes: Office of the Department Head, Eliora Dodderidge
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 06:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Shanners

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

There was puke brewing in her stomach. She could feel it. The guilty churn, the burn, the clammy hands... Could they hear how hard her heart was beating? Either of them? Anyone? The whole ministry? Was.. was she having a heart attack? Was she not going to survive this conversation? That's what it felt like. Too much coffee in her life? It had finally been the end of her. Goodbye cruel unloved life. Goodbye kids. Goodbye coffee.

James' eyes were burning into her forehead and she knew it was him because he was the only person that could make her feel uncomfortable when he continued to look at her. And she felt uncomfortable. Why was this happening in her office? In her safe space? UGH UGH UGH. Eliora looked up finally, sparing James just a miniscule of a second of eye contact before grabbing for a nearby coffee and downing the entire mug.

SHE WAS STRONG.

SHE WAS INDEPENDENT.

SHE COULD TELL A MAN HOW SHE FELT WITHOUT CRYING.

"I love you, James. Okay? Well -- I don't love you love you. Not like I want you to get on your knee right now because I don't think your limbs would let you get back up again, but I have a lot of feelings and you're not just my friend and I don't want to just be friends so if that's all you want then you should leave right now and I'll just go speed dating for the rest of my lonely existence." Yikes. Coffee really made her words spew out, didn't it? "I don't want to sneak you in and out of my house and pretend that my kids have no idea what's happening. Because they do. And I want to find your socks in my tumble dryer without their pair and I want to yell at you for leaving the seat up without it being a secret." And she also wanted the ground to swallow her up.

Which was why when her offered his babysitting services, Eliora sank into her chair and pulled her blonde hair over her face. "I don't think your grandchildren want to spend time with a 19 year old, Charles. But.. thank you."

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________