View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 03:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Caleb smirked, finding it rather endearing that she didn't want to be a bother to the crowd. "Just push people," he suggested with a small chuckle. He knew that probably had occurred to her - and she probably also had some sort of issue with being rude like that. Not Caleb. Nope. If you were in his way, look out, because he had places to BE and was very important, obviously.

"Yassi...nice to meet you. I'm Caleb," he introduced himself as he shook her hand and moved to the side slightly so they were not bothering everyone by standing in the middle of the hall. "What department do you work for? I'm in Accidents and Catastrophes," he said proudly. He assumed she wasn't there, otherwise he'd have seen her by now.

While Yassi couldn't be entirely sure that he was joking, she still laughed brightly. "I'll keep that in mind for next time," her laugh was far more vibrant and much less contained than her previous, sheepish laughter. Yassi was one of those people who had a laugh funnier than the joke itself, but she was hardly embarrassed of it anymore. "Is that your technique?" She paused, asking with quite an earnest tone, though she, too, was joking.

"Caleb," she repeated, cementing the name in her head. Names were very important, they made people feel heard. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well," her smile was warm and sincere. Noticing that he had stepped towards the side, Yassi followed. Stopping for a conversation before boarding a lift hadn't been part of her morning plan, but she welcomed the deviation. It was a nice change from the (at times) quite repetitive routine. Public sector life was as such, it seemed. "I am in the Department of Transportation," she replied with just as much pride as he had when he shared his own department. "But I teach," which meant that she didn't collaborate with the others in her section quite as often as one would hope. "What is it that you do in DMAC?" These acronyms, they were confusing. She was trying to practice the jargon, though. It had been over a year, after all.

You are Lemon!