Thread: Dance Floor
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 03:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default honored, truly; i did some strange rearranging to make this work idk
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

SPOILER!!: Bernadette & Rowan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Hark! Another student approaches! And it was a boy Bernie had never seen before; or perhaps she did not recognize him because of his fancy dress robes?!

Bernadette looked up from her fiddling, hastily shoving her hands behind her back as she pressed herself flat against the wall. She must cement her image as a wallflower lest this boy --- nay, this Hufflepuff --- ask her to dance! Even though that was EXACTLY what she was HOPING would happen. She had to look nonchalant and like, totally bored by this dance thing.

"H-h-hi," she replied, suddenly starstruck by the boy, and stammering her response. What the heck, Bernadette! The cool cucumber routine was failing rapidly. She had danced with Blake Ryan with no problem at the practice. So why did she feel like her face was getting hotter for some reason? Had she suddenly caught a fever? Or maybe dragon pox was going around the school right now? She was tempted to fan herself off, but she couldn't because she was squishing her own hands behind her dress and probably cutting off circulation to them and this boy was saying that her flower was nice and LORT what did she say back to him?!!

She took a deep breath for no reason at all, accidentally taking in too much air and causing herself to hiccup suddenly. ".......hic--THANK-hic-YOU."

Bernie might have needed a hand with this social- interaction-with-BOYS thing.

Speaking of needing a long, gangly skeleton hand....

"SCH-hic-hic-MOE," Bernie hiccuped in his direction, pulling a hand out from behind her back to wave it WAY TOO HARD at him. "HI." Gosh, a friendly face! COME SAVE HER, SIR. She was, after all, his assistant professor? And WOULD she be dancing tonight?!?!

She awkwardly shifted her eyes to the Mystery Male Hufflepuff in Nice Clothes, and then shifted her glance back to Schmoe. "I dunn-HIC- know if I'm dancing? Or not? No -HIC! HIC!- no one has asked me yet?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
Noticing one of his professors approach, dancing to the music, he couldn't help but smile a little, amused. He did like Schmoe, he was so entertaining and didn't seem to have a care in the world sometimes. He hoped to be like that someday. As they were approached, Rowan received what looked like a friendly smile. He returned the exact same one, not knowing how to react. He was just so shy with absolutely everyone, it seemed. He mentally gave himself a head shake in his mind, mentally telling himself to get a hold of himself and make friends. Even with Professor Schmoe.

"I like your moves," he decided to comment with a little giggle.

As the girl pressed herself to the wall and stammered, Rowan got nervous he wasn't doing so hot yet with the whole socializing thing. Although, he wouldn't let himself give up yet. In fact, maybe she was just as shy as he was? Was that why she was stammer- oh, and now hiccuping?

What did that mean? Was she alright?

"Can I get you some water? I'm no good at spells, but I do have the ability to go fill you a glass, y'know, manually," he joked (was he funny yet?). He thought maybe him joking would help diffuse the awkwardness that he seemed to have produced in the interaction. Although, he was making progress it seemed given she was responding and hadn't run away yet! "Maybe we can dance too?" he offered, giving a gesture to the floor with a slightly shaky hand. Merlin's beard, this was the longest conversation with a girl he had ever had. He was quite proud of himself.

Finneas hadn’t ever been complimented for his ~moves~ before. So the praise had him absolutely soaring! Figuratively of course, as gravity was still existed in this strange land of France. ”Thank you, Rowan. I hope you are enjoying the music?” Because Finneas sure was. He continued to give the boy a strange smile, before looking over at Bernadette who was sweating a strange sort of desperation unlike any he had ever witnessed before.

Was there really a need for a long, gangly skeleton hand though? Was ? There ? Really ?

Young Bernadette’s enthusiasm almost caught the man off guard. She hadn’t ever been this happy to see him before and…… it was SLIGHTLY suspicious. Given that Finneas wasn’t a suspecting man, however, the onset of enthusiasm was very well received.

He was about to respond, too, when Rowan chimed in. La deee daaaaaa. Finneas turned his head away to give them privacy (but for the record, he was very much listening). ”Looks like someone heard you,” Schmoe was trying to be encouraging, but instead… He just looked… Weird.

So, the usual!

You are Lemon!