Thread: Accidents & Catastrophes: Office of the Department Head, Eliora Dodderidge
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 09:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Shanners

DMAC & DMC
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maebry Grimaldi #ff8d6d
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy

x7 x5
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post

There was nothing that he liked about the look gracing Giulia’s features. Not a single thing. Not even one. He was about to let her know just as much with a sarcastic quip, when fortunately (for her) Eliora announced her presence. He turned to give the Italian woman a pained smile that was far more annoyed than it was friendly. Fortunately for everyone involved, James Draper did not yet utter a single word and despite this, his blood pressure was rising by the minute.

The mention of the word ‘wedding’ didn’t help with this. Not the first time. Nor the second.

He did, however, let Eliora pull him into her office, and he did oblige and shut the door behind him. But not because he wanted to look at a “wedding mood board”. He was perfectly aware that Eliora was trying to get under his skin (which was working, by the way). A wedding and yet he still had to sneak around her house every morning and night? He rolled his eyes, not one to suspend his disbelief. She should know better. Even though her words were having an effect on his quickly accelerating annoyance, he chose to ignore all of them.

”I don’t like her,” was what he decided to start with. In reference to that Giulia character. She was far too smug, deserved to be fired in James’ opinion. "Too smug. You should do something about that."
Given that he hadn't moved immediately to kiss her, Eliora grabbed for one of her cups of coffee and started to drink from it as she watched him. Or at least watched his top lip twitch as he tried to hide his annoyed feelings. She was used to the lip twitch. Used to seeing it in staff meetings, used to seeing it across her dinner table if the kids were there and used to seeing it when she kicked him out before sunrise in the mornings. Some would say that she thought it was cute, but she certainly wasn't going to tell James or anyone else that.

"You'd know all about smug, of course. And my tolerance for it. I keep you around, don't I?" She leaned against her desk, smirk subtle on her lips but oh so obvious for him.

"Besides, Giulia doesn't spend money just to spend a day with me. She asks me outright. I thought that was very romantic of you, James. I didn't think we were going public with us yet. Not that I'm complaining. But you should have seen peoples faces."

[Grimoire]__________________________________________________ ____________