Thread: Horse Stables
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 03:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mathys de Nostredame
Dementor

the sky is always there for me ☀ ☁ heavy hearts like heavy clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Oh, no. No no no no no no, Monsieur! Why couldn't he just have her attend a centaur lecture about the differences between beasts, beings, etc. and then like introduce her to a mean old centaur who had a magical quest of gathering potions ingredients for her to complete....? Something along those lines?

Unfortunately, this first year knew English well enough that she recognized its French cognates in the song he suggested. Old MacDonald had a farm, no? She swallowed the lump in her throat. Oh no, she couldn't sing now. She had just come down with a sudden bout of laryngitis. Bernie hmm-hmmed loudly as if to prove that she had frogs in her throat as well.

"Old MacDonald had a farm...." she began in a very monotonous, dry tone, making just the smallest amount of eye contact with Notary Dem as she stated, rather than sang, the song, "E-i-e-i-oh."
Ah yes, that was the English name. It did not roll off the tongue as nicely as the French, so he would be sticking to that title and its lyrics.

"Oui, zat is ze one," he nodded as that dashing side smirk grew ever so slightly. "Ze abraxan are rathair fond of zat one. Zey have been troubled and stressed recently. A rouseeng few rounds of zeir favorite tune may encourage more tranquileety een zeir speerits."