Thread: Minister's Office: Break Room
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 11:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
hjhm

MO & DMLE
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eron Rutherford
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jonathan Kim
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Kiko Koline
Law Enforcement
x4 x2
♣ Heejin here | Did somebody say coffee & cakes? | cat lover ♣

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
That's right. Thanks Jonathan, though Fletcher had once been called 'Sir Fletcher' all year by a great kid, Treyen Lockhart, and wouldn't mind being reminded of it. But no no, he was here to be the cool, friendly undersecretary, so 'Just Fletcher' it was!

Oh, huh? He had a question? "It's uh......" Boring? "Great, just great, really." Just like what Jonathan had said, essentially. "I do a lot of reading, filing files, approving them, passing things up or down the chain." So far, it was simple, but he had a feeling Ms. Bones was starting him off slow. So naturally, he was going to take advantage of that down time to do something else.

"Awesome!" He agreed! That was easy! Fletcher's moving tattoo took a celebratory lap around his hand and then disappeared back down his sleeve, revealing his quiet excitement at this new task. He was ready to abandon the rest of his coffee in his cup and head off now, but he didn't want to rush Jonathan out of his lunch break. Unlike Fletcher, who was snacking all the time always, it was possible the Ombudsman only had time for a break here and there.

He grinned a bit at Jonathan. "I dunno, do you have a favorite floor, or any friends who work here? We could start with them?" Fletcher really wanted to see the Department of Mysteries, and really did NOT want to see the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. But he'd let Jonathan decide.

He needs to time to really, really get used to not calling everyone with a 'Miss' or 'Sir'. He was used to that sort of thing especially when he started working-- addressing people that way at least, but he understands that not everyone will like it and for that, he will try his very best. Back at Hogwarts or even during his uni days, he just addressed everyone with their last names... Huh, work must have been a lot different for him.

Boring?
Jonathan let out a loud chuckle. Not that it meant anything, he just found the description quite hilarious. Aren't office or ministry work boring in a way? He used to work as a Dragonologist so having to work with papers and meetings and all that is taking some time for him to adjust as well. "Ahhh you must be the type that loves field work?" could be. Some people are like that. "And also, same" he added. Yes, both of their jobs didn't really require them to do that much except for desk work. "But i guess it's because we are new so they tend to give us like a learning curve of some sort" maybe. The longer it gets, the more work will be given to them.

Jonathan gulped all the coffee he had left in his mug before carefully placing it the table, he eyed Fletcher's now moving tattoo. "That's cool" he said and looked back at him with a smile. Nope, he doesn't have any tattoo.

WELLLLLL.....

Truth be told, Jonathan wants to visit the Mysteries level. Too bad that place is too secretive and he's not too sure if they're even allowed to visit it without notice or something. So that's a pass for now. Hmmm... "What about Level 4? I used to work there but for a really short time. I don't think people are going to remember me" he replied, still thinking of another level so that they both have options to pick "Or Level 2? I kind of want Department of Mysteries but are we even allowed?" he grinned.