View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 07:11 AM   #21 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default gonna say she's sitting with Ewan, hope that's okay! ^_^
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Tina hadn’t paid much attention to who was sitting on the same couch with her. She’d just chosen the couch with the fewest people, but now that she looked, she saw she was joined by one of her younger housemates (Ewan). She gave him a polite nod of acknowledgement, then turned her attention to Professor de Nostredame as he began the lesson.. Blink, blink. The question caught her off guard slightly. Illnesses that infect creatures? Was he beginning the lesson on that note because the moss covering the gargoyles was making them sick? Somebody please tell her that wasn’t the case! Handling creatures always came with some degree of uncertainty, but sick creatures were even more unpredictable!

She considered the question. The first thing that came to mind was conjunctivitis in dragons, but one of the Gryffindor firsties (Cece) already mentioned that… well, sort of. She hadn’t said anything about dragons specifically. Then Tina’s thoughts turned to chizpurfles on crups and kneazles, but did parasite infestations technically count as an illness? The dark-haired Ravenclaw remained lost in thought until something occurred to her. All this thought of crups and kneazles reminded her of her own cat, Nemesis, and from there to her “dad”’s elderly Persian cat. Poor thing could hardly get up the stairs anymore because of her arthritis!

Hold on, if non-magical cats and dogs got arthritis, did that mean kneazles and crups could too? It stood to reason that they might, since their body structures were similar enough that the species could be interbred, but maybe their magical nature gave them immunity. Tina didn’t feel confident enough about any of the answers she came up with to voice them out loud - she didn’t want to chance losing house points if they turned out to be way off the mark! - so she stayed silent for now, listening intently to her classmates’ answers.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...