View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 11:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Tina had never been a huge fan of Care of Magical Creatures, not even at Hogwarts, not even when she was an actual student here at Beauxbatons, but since the rose garden incident, it shot right to the top of her list of least favorite subjects. She almost dropped the subject after that day, but she'd already dropped Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts last year. she couldn't afford to lose another possible NEWT if she wanted to get into a good university.

So she was here at the appointed time, dressed in her uniform and ready to learn... at least as much as it was possible to learn in the current lesson climate. She didn't mind the theoretical lesson much- In some ways, she preferred them; they took away the element of unpredictability in interacting with a living creature - but she found the janitorial lessons downright insulting. They weren't house elves! If the creature habitats needed cleaning, that was the job of de Nostredame and/or the groundskeeper, not theirs! No need to guess whose idea that was...

As Tina approached, her dark eyes fell to the gargoyles flanking de Nostredame, and she immediately noticed the moss. Was it too much to hope that they wouldn't have to clean the moss off the gargoyles? That would be the worst of both worlds... janitorial duty and unpredictable creature interaction. Only time would tell, she supposed. For now, she greeted the professor with a polite nod of acknowledgement and a whispered, "Bonne après-midi, Professor."

De Nostredame didn't say not to speak at all, just not to speak in raised voices... which she didn't. But just in case, she made no further effort to converse in French so as not to agitate the gargoyles. With the pleasantries out of the way. she took her seat on the least crowded wicker couch and waited for the lesson to begin.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...