Thread: Minister's Office: Break Room
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 02:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjhm View Post
Jonathan took a big gulp on the next one. He almost forgot that his other hand was holding a plastic, inside it was a warm bagel that he bought earlier. Taking it out of its plastic, he made a big bite out of it. Coffee and bagel are his favorite combo however it is not something he should be eating during lunch time but with the amount of work from earlier, the hunger passed him. Was that odd? Perhaps.

He was so focused on his own thoughts that his body softly jerked when he heard someone sat beside him. Jonathan's eyes blinked a few times and was surprised because he didn't see anyone come in. Was this first person here before him? His head turned and looked at the man sitting beside him. A smile plastered on his lips, obviously he knew this person. Jonathan whilst new to this workplace did his research. "Hello, Sir Fletcher" he said after taking his hand off his mug to offer a hand shake. "It's nice to see you. I'm Jonathan Kim" he added. And yeah, he is new here but he won't add that bit.

So, got any big plans for today?

Well, there is work but maybe if he replied just that that would be rather vague. For now, there's not much that he is doing. He has a ton of paper work to look at and all but that's pretty much it... Tomorrow he'll be having meetings and other stuff as well. "I'm looking through all the paper work that they placed on my desk. I've finished more than half and i'm planning to finish all of it by the end of the day." he said. This was better for him because he will be having more paper work tomorrow. "How are you, sir?" small conversation.
Dangit, the guy already knew who he was. Fletcher winced a bit at the full pronunciation of his name, Mister and all that, but waved it away like he was swatting an invisible fly. "Just Fletcher's fine, Jonathan," he replied smoothly, pretending like he knew Jonathan's name all along. He shook his hand, and as he did, something clicked for Fletcher. "You're the Ministry Ombudsman!" That's right! He got the job Fletcher had originally been interested in!

But who was he kidding... Junior Undersecretary was totally better.

"Oh, paperwork." Boring boring boring. Fletcher took a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng sip of his coffee, wincing again at the end of it. He had to go find a better cuppa somewhere, and Jonathan would be the perfect ally for this task. "Listen, Jonathan. You're the ombudsman. I'm the junior undersecretary. We're both new here." Could he BE more obvious? "What do you say we forget the paperwork for the afternoon, and instead start by visiting the other levels? I don't know about you, but I haven't seen all the floors yet and I know that we," the ombudsman and the undersecretary and everyone else on level one, "are supposed to be friendly with the other departments." ESPECIALLY the ombudsman, right? He had BUD in his title. He was supposed to be buds with the other departments!

Was Jonathan catching his drift? "I'm sure we could visit a few floors today, introduce ourselves, you know. Be our charming selves." Ayyyyy Jonathan, whaddaya say?

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind