View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 09:07 PM   #74 (permalink)
Stormdancer

DMC & DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bennett Potter
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Ward
Ravenclaw
First Year
Default Giulia (free for anyone) and reply for Rosa
Toto * RotiSila * ToRo * Braveheart * Grandma & Mama Tori

SPOILER!!: Rosa!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionescorpse View Post
As it turned out, her resolution to concentrate on the desserts and not the auction was brought to a sudden stop when the Minister decided to make an announcement. An announcement that just so happened to mention that the auction was coming to a close. It was enough to cause this Department Head to sigh in relief. Fifteen minutes and she would find out who she would have to grace with her presence.

Maybe she should try and figure out what it is she should talk about with whoever won this auction.

But, for now, she had other things to worry about. Namely, a man from her very own department greeting her. It was enough to cause her to smile in return and reply, "Thank you, Mr Eris, I'm doing very well. There are desserts and cheesy music, I can't complain." She gave a half-hearted shrug. "How are you this evening? I hope the dragons haven't been working you too hard."

A genuine smile graced Sloane’s lips as he nodded in her direction. ”I’m glad to hear that, Miss Li.” He told her. There would have been nothing worse than his new Department Head having a bad evening; afterall, he’d had Supervisors in Romania who hadn’t even lasted two weeks. Though, admittedly, they hadn’t been used to the Dragons they were working with even if they had all worked with Dragons in general for years. Hungarian’s were simply temperamental. It was always better if you could work with the same Mother and her whelps. It helped to create a bond, trust, a connection. That connection hadn’t been there for those who thought they knew everything… who thought books and a university degree allowed them - no made them - better than those who had been there for years or decades.

He grinned at that, he couldn’t help it as he raised his own plate towards her in agreement. ”I have too agree, my sweet tooth will always win out.” Unless there was coffee. Then coffee could be had with his treats. That would be heaven. …. Was there coffee??? His eyes looked around slightly, but came back to rest on his Department Head. He wouldn’t be rude. He’d look for the coffee later.

”I am fine, thank you.” His free hand smoothed down the silk tie, unsure of the materials and colours - but here he was. So he couldn’t complain. ”They are doing well. The Welsh Green’s we found last month have all been rounded up and have a new, forest like pen within a sanctuary in Snowdonia.” He nodded. They had found the first three easily enough, but the fourth, a whelping no more than six months old, had been small, scared and camouflaged. It had taken them time, but they had found him and reunited him with his Mother and (they assumed) siblings.

~~~~~~~

Guilia was here to support her boss. Obviously. She was also here to make sure nothing went wrong or humiliated Eliora. Nothing would be worse right now. No-one needed that right now. Not Eliora or any of the other Department Heads. Not on the back of last year… Not with the plans to raise money for Hogwarts. Nothing was allowed to go wrong tonight.

As such, the Italian had made various circuits around the room, the same glass in her hand for the whole evening as she had checked on the pile of auction slips to make sure they didn’t run out as she placed her own bid, she made sure the food didn’t run out and that there were no issues with the bar.

She didn’t dance, she watched from the side lines as she ensured that no-one was making a fool of themselves. People could be so stupid.