View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 10:50 PM   #70 (permalink)
hermionesclone
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Text Cut: Gidwyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compootor View Post
Just as he was starting to think he might have to actually go and make first contact with some of his new co-workers..

Gidwyn let out an "Oy!" as the air was slightly knocked out of him. He, unsurprisingly, was rather taken aback by the very sudden, and practically violent arrival of a gentleman he didn't know. The impact did cause the Danish he'd been chewing on to do a backflip off his plate, but its near-loss awoke in him a primal, almost superhuman reflex and dexterity, and he caught it long before it was in any danger of hitting the floor.
"Ah, no wucka's, mate. I'm right as rain, I am." he smirked with that telltale aussie accent while picking a razzberry smudge off his lapel.

He considered the man for a moment, trying to decide, among a few other things, whether they'd met before. Tentatively coming to the conclusion that they hadn't, he turned his attention towards the second matter at hand. "You alright? You look like you've got a manticore on your heels!" he asked jokingly, though he did shoot a glance over Grayson's shoulder, juuust in case.

And then a lot of things happened at once.

First? The Danish started flying with some kind of gymnast energy, but the man, whoever he was, caught it as if pastries always flew off his plate. It was enough to cause Grayson's eyebrows to shoot right up as he looked from the saved pastry to the man again. Jeez, what kind of ninja had he bumped into?!

The second thing he noticed was the accent. An aussie accent, at that. He hardly even cared for whatever it was he said - right as rain? - but the accent? It was difficult not to pick up, wasn't it? "'S not gonna leave a smudge, is it?" he asked, nodding at the bit of raspberry that he was picking off.

Lmao, a manticore on his heels? WELL. He glanced over his shoulder and back at where he had run from, letting out a small snort. "Guess you could say that," he started, turning back, "But a Manticore would be the one thing that would make me not want to stay for dessert." Reasonable, wasn't it? He thought so.

"'M Grayson, by the way. Grayson Whitlock."

Text Cut: Sloane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamdanger View Post
Years into working at the Ministry and Sloane still dreaded their functions. He felt out of place in the penguin suit his youngest sister Sasha seemed convinced he needed to wear. ”You need to be presentable!”, she informed him each year as she made him check that he fit into the one suit he owned and that it still flattered him. Whatever that meant, his sister was crazy. This year however, he hadn’t passed her inspection. ”You’ve grown!”, She had said, eyeing the bulging shoulders of a jacket that simply didn’t look right, or feel comfortable. She’d fussed and declared that she would contact Ryn… and that they would take him shopping.

No amount of arguing or persuading or chocolates, had disauded his sister from her plans - so here he was. Galleons down for a suit that he wasn’t even sure he liked, in a colour he was 90% sure he shouldn’t be wearing, to an event that he would rather have missed.

Great.

Why was he not still working hand-to-hand with dragons again?

Letting out a breath, he moved towards the desserts instead of the bar, his sweet-tooth would always win out. Surveying the table, he gave the woman across from him a genuine smile. ”Miss Li.” He inclined his head in a slight bow, even as he picked up a pastry from the plate that was directly in front of him. ”I hope you are well this evening.” And not too frustrated at the countless interactions with colleagues you would only glance sight of in the corridor and people you would never see again.

As it turned out, her resolution to concentrate on the desserts and not the auction was brought to a sudden stop when the Minister decided to make an announcement. An announcement that just so happened to mention that the auction was coming to a close. It was enough to cause this Department Head to sigh in relief. Fifteen minutes and she would find out who she would have to grace with her presence.

Maybe she should try and figure out what it is she should talk about with whoever won this auction.

But, for now, she had other things to worry about. Namely, a man from her very own department greeting her. It was enough to cause her to smile in return and reply, "Thank you, Mr Eris, I'm doing very well. There are desserts and cheesy music, I can't complain." She gave a half-hearted shrug. "How are you this evening? I hope the dragons haven't been working you too hard."