Thread: Owl Post Office
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 07:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Magical Soul
Ministry

DERP & DoM
Kappa

Mysteries
x6
Default *pretends she was not blind to pixie's post*
Dalliesa | Ab-Bot | Hogwarts Trojan War |

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Waful had been a bit a bit on edge ever since the encounter on the playground incident, which meant that Zachaël was giving the snowy owl a bit ore TLC than usual to try and calm his shaky feathers. Lighter packages as well and few important documents until he could be certain that the owl was back in tip top shape.

Which was why this particular owl was perched on his shoulder while he sat on a stool a corner behind the counter while whittling away on another custom order for a wax seal stamp. Though he did settle the slender piece of wood on to his thigh and straightened when he heard the gentle ring of the bell above the door as it opened as the father-son pair entered. Standing, Waful screening in protest, he moved behind his counter properly.

"Owls make for fine pets," he offered with a bit of a wink at the snowy owl. "Though I am of a rather biased opinion. Other than unsolicited suggestions, what else can I do for you today?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
HUHUHHHHUH?

Fletcher almost jumped when the guy behind the counter the one looking like a pirate with a parrot on his shoulder suddenly spoke. He definitely hadn't noticed him or his owl. He'd just wanted to get these letters sent out, and he felt stupid for not being more vigilant as they walked in. "In just a minute, I'll have some post for you, mate," he replied to the shopkeeper, looking down at his son again.

His pouty, but still sweet, little boy.

"Mm, yeah, you need to be strong like me to make this work," Fletcher extrapolated as he got the blue wax ready for the boy. "Climb up on this stool here," see, there was something to climb everywhere if you looked hard enough, "and you'll be able to reach the counter. Each letter needs a seal in the middle." He demonstrated with the first one, sealing it with a the stamp of DMF in the middle. Fletcher found this task oddly satisfying. "Now you go."

Fletcher passed him the next letter. "Is your sister in charge of you now?" Funny how kids thought they could boss around each other. Hilarious. Mallory would be receiving one of these letters if she kept pulling this crap. He caught sight of Dunk's face and stifled a laugh. "Naaaaaaaah, come on," Fletcher did crack a crooked smile at the thought of taking home a rat today. Jessa would LOVE it. "You want a pygmy puff. I had a... yellow pygmy puff when I was your age." That was a blatant lie; Fletcher had been friends with a butterbeer bottle and a tinfoil man, but his kid could do better than that.
Owls as pets? Duncan thought about it for a moment, looking at the owl on the man's shoulder and how it moved when he moved. He climbed on the stool as his dad told him, which got him closer to the man behind the counter. "But... you can't sleep with an owl. They fly away a lot." He was asking but in a way that didn't show he didn't know. And to be honest, having an owl was a better option than a pygmy puff.

The wax seal? Wow. Duncan, smiling, took the stamp and waited for his father to place the wax in the proper place. "A yellow one?" Not even a boyish color, like brown or blue. He pressed the stamp onto the wax, being super slow but also strong once the stamp hit the letter, his eyes were so closely monitoring the process his nose almost touched the stamp. "But don't you feel that you shouldn't have gotten a yellow pygmy puff?"