View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 01:21 AM   #27 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default mentions mentions and more mentions! (black'd the mentions :3)
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

The exchange did not slip by the Minister, nor did certain embellishments and despite how he had addressed the subject with Conley prior...he WAS a bit chuffed that he had not been informed! He was allowed to be a bit of a contradiction, came with the territory of being a Gryffindor and Minister for Magic. As well as a human. "Thank you. January truly knows how to whip people in to shape when it comes to these sorts of matters." And how to scale back because, well, Charles was always one to go a bit overboard when it came to parties. Something that had paid off for the World Cup but they had to maintain a budget, after all. "All possible because of the outstanding team of department heads we have running the country, wouldn't you say?" he chuckled while giving the man's shoulder another firm squeeze before his attention shifted to Miss Swan and he offered her a handshake.

"Games and Sports, if I am not mistaken?" Her application had stood out just a little because his granddaughter belonged to the house of Hufflepuff and was always writing him lengthy letters (of which he always memorized in their entirety) regarding her housemates. "You're in positively outstanding hands there. I personally guarantee it."

There was a bit of a mischievous wink tagged on to the end of that sentence as well.

"Ah, Miss Baines!" he chuckled at that OUTSTANDING greeting. Were this not a formal event he would have, perhaps, enveloped the young lady in a bit of a hug but...he was trying to be on more professional behavior. "I am QUITE well if I do say so myself. Placed your bids yet? Hmm? Hopefully nothing that outbids myself." Wink wink, nudge nudge.

And then Charles' keen blues fell on one Mr. Kim - a young man he knew far too well without having ever met the boy personally outside of the interview process thanks to the escapades of his precious peace of a daughter during her Hogwarts days. "AH! MR. KIM! Good to see you my, boy! Certainly looking forward to seeing what diligence you bring to the Minister's Office!" he greeted jovially.

His smile subtly widened upon Victoria's arrival. "Ah, Victoria. I had just been praising to to one of your new employees. A Miss Swan," he mused while glancing around for that same young lady. "Can I tempt you with a drink?" he inquired as he offered his arm. "I think I saw something with raspberries floating in a bit of bubbly and it looked particularly tantalizing."

Airey truly wasn't sure what to bid on, though he could see Andromeda enjoying the paintings in particular. She was such a gifted child. A TRUE Flamsteed in that right and so curious. He had not yet decided what to do on his own "date" - figured he would sort all that out when he saw who it was to come up with something fitting - but the thought of them winning an opportunity to babysit his terrific trio was quite tempting.

His thoughts were ironic considering the question posed to him by Miss Cambridge.

"This is not my first time up for auction, Miss Cambridge," he mussed as he turned from the tables to look at her. "Or have you forgotten the fundraiser held at Hogwarts? You were...a second or third year, I believe." The years all blended together after a while. "Our Minister has never been anything but a man of his word, I would consider it quite like an ionic bond and you the Carbon to parchment's Oxygen. Best you can hope for is that no one bids on you...though then that would be a true shame for the fundraiser. A true Kobayashi Maru training exercise."

James Summers was HERE. Though he wasn't sure WHY he was here. He didn't care for politics and Hogwarts hadn't exactly steered him in any good direction. But his publicist and stylist had spent the past few hours fitting him in his all black suit and tie with a smart pair of sleek black shoes that likely cost most than the family farm. Such was the life of being a famous model.

His latest campaign was going well and he had heard that all his individual poster prints were sold out in most markets. It inflated his head just a bit to think about all the doors, walls, and ceilings he was on all across Europe.

The man bun was gone for the evening, a choice from his stylist rather than himself because he had grown rather fond of the low man bun, and his hair was looking particularly silky. Something he had to remember to address whenever someone commented on it. He was a walking branding machine for the evening with set phrases to say with regards to his tailored suit, perfect blonde locks, and snazzy shoes.

Grabbing himself a drink as he effortlessly wove through the crowd - this was nothing compared to the launch parties of Berlin and Paris - James strut his much more polished runway strut through the Atrium without a worry about the budget for the auction he had been allotted. He wasn't so good with numbers and, really, his manager had been foolish to entrust any sort of funds with him.

It was mid-strut that he spotted....Zita? With her arm on some other bloke? Some other older bloke. Bloody hell...it was happening all over again. Though this bloke he felt he could probably take down if push came to shove. Getting pummeled to a pulp over the same girl was, hopefully, a one time occurrence.

Staring, a bit unabashedly, for a few moments at her...he casually and totally TOTALLY breezily took a LONG sip from whatever it was he had grabbed and slipped his free hand into his pocket...and then stepped up to this little HOMEY looking trio.

"Take it where, Zita?" he asked caaaaaasually, taking yet another sip as his eyes glared glanced at this chum and then over to the other woman (Mariana) Zita was being quick to dismiss. "You're looking stunning this evening, as usually." He was speaking to Zita and doing his best to sound posh in his tone - unpolished as he always was. "Summers. James Summers," he greeted the OTHER woman while offering his hand. "I'm a model."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes