View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 03:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default Anyone feel free to jump in on this conersation with Grae and Alba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post
It wasn't often that Grae Fairfield had a chance to get all dressed up. So naturally, upon hearing the news of the Ministry Centennial celebration, the young witch had started looking for the perfect outfit. She had settled on a rose gold sequin dress, which she accessorized with a white belt, silver-threaded tights, and black booties. Leaving her white fuzzy coat at the coat check, she surveyed the atrium. They certainly had transformed the place, hadn't they? Not spotting anyone from her department yet, she perused the auction table, her eyes pausing for an extra moment on the Moontrimmer Dlite. Now that was a fancy broom.

Noticing two young women (Alba & Delyth) that she hadn't met before, she decided to exercise some of her social skills. It couldn't hurt to meet some more coworkers tonight, right? She approached them with a smile. "Couldn't help but overhear you gals talking about dessert! That treacle tart looks divine," she said with a laugh. Food was always a good way to segue into a conversation. "I'm Grae Fairfield, Transportation! Nice to meet you both." She extended her hand warmly.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryder Medina was not a huge fan of social gatherings. Sure, he enjoyed hanging out with his close friends every once in awhile. But large, formal occasions? Definitely not his thing, especially when he didn't know anyone. He figured it would probably look pretty bad if he didn't show up though, taking into consideration that he was a brand new hire. Brushing his hand over his navy blue suit as he entered the atrium, he took in the scene. Not really knowing what else to do, he grabbed a glass of champagne. It seemed like everyone else was eating or drinking something anyway. Shoving his other hand in his pocket, he headed toward the outskirts of the room. He supposed he would have to introduce himself to some coworkers at some point this evening.
With a friendly smile, Delyth welcomed Grae to their little group of three, the topic of desserts still in full flow. “I’m Delyth Dominique, Student Aid advisor in the Ministry’s office” she replied as a greeting as she shook the other woman’s hand, unsure of which part of her job title to really say. Silly problem to have really. “The desserts really do look amazing! I’m more of a chocolate fountain gal myself though. Just give me some strawberries with it and I’ll be busy all night”. Desserts really were the best type of food really.

Casting a quick glance around, she couldn’t help but notice the room was beginning to fill up now as more and more witches and wizards filled the atrium. Quashing the feeling of intimidation that was gradually building in her, she had finally decided to treat herself and bid for something in the auction. Next question…what should she bid for or rather, what can she afford? “Are you girls going to bid on anything?” she asked to the two lovely women standing by her (Grae and Alba).

Last edited by aRogueOne; 10-25-2019 at 03:58 PM.