View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 01:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
staffed shop lmao no my image was of TOLERANCE. Schmoe is HILARIOUS, ho ho ho.
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
"Well............... No," he shook his head. Well......... Sometimes. It was possible...... But mostly... No. Er. Yes. Anyway. "Also at grocery stores, but you know," this is where he'd gesture vaguely with his arms, but at the moment his arms were... preoccupied. "Muggle grocery stores are an excellent place for observation. Not many places like it where all sorts of people go," not necessarily limited to culture, age, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. YOU KNOW? It was the best place to see them in MASS quantity. In BULK, if you will.

................... Ah.

He understood now. The point. He was wondering when she would get to that.

It took a moment, but then his lips twitched into an uncomfortable thing that could only be described as..... a??? Smile???

"Ah," he blinked three times. "I can assure you, Ms. Bernadette," he began. "I am qualified for this position." Because clearly that was the worry, no?
Okay, well, w h a t e v e r. Bernadette rolled her eyes BIG TIME. It seemed that despite having access to MANY elves of ALL KINDS, NONE of the wizards here, or there, or on the train, or plane, or even in Diagon Alley, KNEW MUCH ABOUT ELVES. Shmoe included. One would think, with all the ho-ho-hos he did, that HE ESPECIALLY would understand elves. Ya know, because Santa.

Back to the subject at hand.

"Uhhhhhhhhuh," she drawled in a know-it-all tone, furiously scribbling SOMETHING in her notebook and then making a BIG show of CROSSING IT ALL OUT and SLAMMING her notebook shut. She let a nice long pause follow this dramatic flourish as she carefully stowed her notebook and pen away, and adjusted her glasses as she looked up at the professor. Bernie's head was tilted up so her nose was in the air and her hands were carefully folded together in a pyramid to complete her scholarly look. "I think," pausepausepause "with all due respect," which, in her opinion, was minimal, "sir," a token title for him, that was all, "that you should take me on a teaching assistant for this school year. Sir, all we have learned in class is how NOT to build furniture, and with my expertise, your students could be building SO much more knowledge. I know what it's like to be raised by Muggles. I also know a few things about the wizarding world." Literally, just a few. "Unlike some of your students, and you, I have a unique perspective that could help you plan HELPFUL lessons that bridge the gap between wizard life and the Muggle ways of doing things. I could make YOUR class be one of the MOST USEFUL classes at Hogwarts! Because where else will most Wizard children learn the function of a rubber duck?"

Come on, how could he turn down that offer? Look at how SCHOLARLY this first-year was. A veritable EXPERT on Muggles.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind