View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 07:16 AM   #95 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default *catches up & exits stage left*
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Tina thought her offer would get a thank you or a polite decline or even ignored entirely, anything except the reaction it got. De Nostredame telling her off was bad enough, but Desmarais… who did she THINK she was to talk to her that way when all she did was offer to help?! She kept her gaze fixed on the ground in front of her throughout the whole debacle so as not to accidentally lock eyes with either one of the Beauxbatons professors. If she had, they would've seen an angry fire blazing in her eyes that would've made the one that torched Desmarais's rosebush look like a dying ember. She was never going to forgive this! With that harsh reply, Giselle Desmarais just shot to the top of Tina's most hated people list, and once someone got on her bad side, there was no getting off of it. Only one person had ever done it, and it took that person actually dying to get Tina to change her mind.

Tina's teeth clenched. It was all she could do to keep from giving Desmarais a piece of her mind. Honestly, if she wanted to cause harm, wouldn't she have already done it? Why ask permission first? She was willing to bet all the money in her father's vault (which admittedly wasn't much, but that was beside the point) that she would've received a kinder reaction had she been wearing a pale blue Beauxbatons robe instead of the black Hogwarts one! Well, she supposed she should count herself lucky that her misguided act of kindness wasn't getting her hauled off to the Inquisitorial Hall with the younger students.

My apologies, Madame. It was my mistake, and it will not happen again, she wanted to say, were it not for the fact that Desmarais was already gone… that and she knew she couldn't muster a tone that would hide the sarcasm behind her words. By that statement, Tina really meant, This is the last time I try to be kind to you or anyone else in this stupid school! She should've known… no good deed goes unpunished. Every time she tried to do the right thing, it blew up in her face, so why bother? Fine, then! The next time she saw an opportunity to help someone, she wouldn't lift a finger. They were on their own.

So were they done here? Apparently so, as de Nostredame was dismissing class. Good! It was only a matter of time before her anger boiled over, and when that happened, she needed to be as far away from the Beauxbatons professors - or any people, for that matter - as possible! She quickly gathered her things and stalked out of the garden without so much as a look back.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...